Graphic issues on Bonanza P3d V5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
igorbischi
Airman

Graphic issues on Bonanza P3d V5

Post by igorbischi »

Hello,
I copied, as suggested, the "A2A" folder from "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" into the new "Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" folder, and renamed the Windshield.dll in Windshield.dll.bak.
My P3D V5 installation is fresh, no addon installed, only the Bonanza.

I load p3dV5 with default F35, then I load the Bonanza. I go through the checklist, as usual and start the engine. When I start avionic I see fig 1: avionic displays are incorrect. When I activate instruments illumination I see fig.2: strange magnified ripetitions of some gauges.

Thank you.

Igor

fig1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DaY0Em ... BIjKY/view
fig2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/143FEFB ... ixb_2/view

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Graphic issues on Bonanza P3d V5

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Igor,

Is the Bonanza installation that you copied from P3Dv4 into P3Dv5 modified in any way?

Also, do you still have v4 installed, and if so does the cockpit display as expected in this version of the sim?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

igorbischi
Airman

Post by igorbischi »

Hello,
thank you for the replay.
I didn't modify anything by myself. On V4.5 I had RealityXP gps activated, but I came back to gps default with the aircraft configurator on V5, after copying the A2A dir on Prepar3D v5 Add-ons.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Igor,

The only way I can reproduce this issue is by manually editing the Prepar3D.cfg so it contains the line "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0". This option isn't selectable via the P3D UI (it's an old FSX setting) but please can you check this entry in your own copy of the Prepar3D.cfg, especially if you've edited it, or use any software which may have done so.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jonasbeaver
Airman Basic

Post by jonasbeaver »

I noticed the font size on the kx155s is a little big, is that a v5 issue?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

jonasbeaver wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 22:16 I noticed the font size on the kx155s is a little big, is that a v5 issue?
Do you mean the same as pictured by Igor above?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DaY0Em ... BIjKY/view

If so, please can you check the Prepar3D.cfg to see if it contains the "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0" entry, as mentioned above.

If you're trying Accu-Sim products in P3Dv5 and you experience issues, the more info you can give us on your installation, the better the chance we have to identify the cause. For example, do you use any other add-ons in P3Dv5 or have you made other changes such as modifying the default flight?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

igorbischi
Airman

Post by igorbischi »

Hello Nick,
you are right. I have "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0" in my cfg. I didn't change any configuration file. The only thing that could have modified that value was the attempt to install ChasePlane for V5 i did before copying the A2A dir on V5 (than I tried to run ChasePlane, but I got a configuration error.... Sorry, I didn't remeber it).
Do have I to delete COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD or change the value?
Thanks.

Igor

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Igor,

We're looking into this issue but seems this setting being defaulted to "0" for some users may be an issue with the P3Dv5 user interface itself.

Please can you just let us know what graphics card you're using and the screen resolution of the monitor(s) connected to it?

Manually changing this entry to "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1" should hopefully resolve the issue, but please can you also confirm if it does for you?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

igorbischi
Airman

Post by igorbischi »

Yes, changing to 1 solved the problem. Thank you.
I have a Geforce GTX 970. Resolution is 1920X1080.

Igor

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info Igor and you're welcome. You might find that changing any settings in the P3Dv5 UI sets this value back to "0" although I'm not 100% sure.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

vbazillio
Airman First Class

Post by vbazillio »

Nick - A2A wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 06:12 Manually changing this entry to "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1" should hopefully resolve the issue, but please can you also confirm if it does for you?
Same here. "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0" was in my c:\users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.cfg. Set "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1" solve the issue. For the record : nVidia 1070 at 3440x1440.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Vincent. So far, it seems this issue affects those with quite a range of hardware. It's even been reported by somebody with a RTX 2080 Ti and i9900k so it doesn't seem to be limited to older hardware. Anyway, Lockheed Martin are aware of the problem.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

EC-EIP
Airman Basic

Post by EC-EIP »

Thank for this solution, here i had the same problem and now is resolved. My computer with a RTX 2070.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

EC-EIP wrote: 08 May 2020, 10:10 Thank for this solution, here i had the same problem and now is resolved. My computer with a RTX 2070.
Please do make sure you post on the P3D support forums, so the Lockheed chaps are aware of how widespread this issue is.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Senchay
Airman Basic

Post by Senchay »

Im "researching" in that cockpit lod thing. So far the people ive talked with blurries in the vc all had this like there and all of them had a previous DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG from vram overflow. At tis point it can happen that p3d reverts to very low settings and possibly also writes this line into the cfg (dont quote my on that ^^).

So i would like to ask here as well, the people with this line in the cfg, did you had one of these dxgi device errors/vram overflows?

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”