Adding 2nd RXP and undocking the windows results in blank screen on A2A only aircraft

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
robains
Staff Sergeant

Adding 2nd RXP and undocking the windows results in blank screen on A2A only aircraft

Post by robains »

I originally took this issue to the RXP folks ... but after some testing in the default Maule and the Carenado B120 (configured to use RXP 750) where both the RXP 750 and RXP 530 worked correctly. I only experience this problem with A2A aircraft and the trigger is when I "undock" the 2nd RXP unit ... see video:

https://youtu.be/H3EDY4zs_Sw

Notice as soon as I do an "UNDOCK" I get SimConnect error messages. Again, this issue is ONLY with A2A aircraft, works perfectly with other aircraft.

Ignore washed out colors that's my 4K capture card in a separate PC having issues with HDR.

If you folks need more info, please ask or coordinate with RXP devs ... it would be better if I didn't get stuck in a game of ping pong.

Cheers, Rob.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Adding 2nd RXP and undocking the windows results in blank screen on A2A only aircraft

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rob,

I'm not able to reproduce this with my P3Dv4.5 HF2 installation at present. First I tried using our default configurator options, and then I tried to replicate your own more unusual combination of the GTN 750 and GNS 530. To do this I set up the Bonanza for the single GTN 750 with the aircraft configurator, and then used the RealityXP GNS setup wizard to add the 530 as a second gauge.

As you can see, no problem with undocking both of these. Incidentally, I did try with the no bezel option too, with the same result.

Could you just take me through the specific modifications you've made here, and perhaps include a copy of the panel.cfg that you're using?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

robains
Staff Sergeant

Re: Adding 2nd RXP and undocking the windows results in blank screen on A2A only aircraft

Post by robains »

Hi Nick,

Couple of clarifications to your replication process which doesn't appear to be the same:

GTN 750 should say "Unit 1" in title

GNS 530 should say "Unit 2" in title

Cheers, Rob.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

robains wrote: 04 May 2020, 14:08 Couple of clarifications to your replication process which doesn't appear to be the same:

GTN 750 should say "Unit 1" in title

GNS 530 should say "Unit 2" in title
Rob,

"GTN 750" is the default window title used in the A2A panel.cfg whereas both the window titles shown in your video have been made by the RealityXP configuration wizard. That's why I ask if you can take me through the steps you took to reach this config, or share the panel.cfg file you're using.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

Hi Nick,

1. Configure Bonanza to use RXP 750 via A2A configuration tool (external stand alone)
2. Load P3D V4.5 HF2
3. Select A2A Bonanza from scenario screen and hit Ok
4. In flight, bring up Add-On menu and select "Reality XP GTN" then "Setup Aircraft..."
5. select default "Config Reality XP GTN Popup Windows"
6. configuration: One Window
7. Reality XP GTN #1: GTN 750
8. Click "+ Advanced" - Unit #1 - check "No Bezel"
9. Click "Review"
10. Verify and click "Accept"
11. Wait for reload of aircraft and RXP 750, once initialized click the GTN 750 window to make it active, from Menu - Views - select "Undock"
------> this might trigger a SimConnect Error "Microsoft Flight Simulator X SimConnect Error has been detected, restarting connection" ... as you can see from the message this seems to be using an older verison of SimConnect and not P3D's managed SimConnect.
12. If you don't see a SimConnect error, then proceed to add the RXP GNS 530 (if you proceed after the SimConnect Error you will likely CTD)
13. Add-On menu and select "Reality XP GNS" then "Setup Aircraft..."
14. Select default "Config Reality XP GNS Popup Windows"
15. Configuration: One Window
16. Reality XP GNS #1: GNS 530
17. Click "+ advanced" - Unit #2 - check "No Bezel"
18. Click "Review"
19. Verify and click "Accept"
20. Wait for reload of aircraft and RXP 750 and 530 to initialized
21. click the GNT 750 window to make it active, from Menu - Views - select "Undock"
22. click the GNS 530 windows to make it active, from menu - View - select "Undock"
------> GNS 530 screen will go blank/black and very likely a SimConnect error message as outlined above (step 11).

I'll try to upload a video also to make it more clear on the steps involved.

Cheers, Rob.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info Rob.

It sounds like you're introducing a few unnecessary extra steps and adding a second reference to the GTN 750 as well as the one that's included with the panel configuration you're selecting in step 1. Then you're adding the GNS 530 too. So, you're likely to have some conflicting entries in your panel.cfg.

Can you give it a try with this copy of the panel.cfg and see if you have any more success? Please don't make any edits to the file initially - just try it as is.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

I recently ran into this issue with all undocked windows. If I remember correctly, I renamed the p3D.cfg(?) file and let it build a new one. Also, on the computer I was working on, for some reason it listed 2 video cards (only one in system). I simply picked one and the black undocked window issue was resolved. Not entirely sure what did the trick

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

Hi Nick,

I'll test with your panel.cfg ... but I'm not sure why Carenado aircraft don't exhibit this issue? I can do the same exact process, set Carenado B120 to RXP GTN 750, Add RXP GTN 750 undock, Add RXP GNS 530 undock and everything works as expect, no issues.

The reason I'm adding another RXP GTN 750 undocked window is so that I drag it to my RSG unit/display. Same as I do for the 530, drag to my RSG 530 unit/display. Keeping the VC RXP integrated 750 visible and sync'd up.

Cheers, Rob.

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

Hi Nick,

Here is a quick video (unlisted) I made showing how this RXP 750/530 is working and sync'd in Carenado's B120.

https://youtu.be/mPpDDPLNrh8

The other 1/2 of the video I tried your Panel.cfg and still ran into the same problems with a 2nd RXP 750. However, if I added the RXP 750 as "Unit#2" I would NOT get the black/blank screen when undocked BUT it would also not be in sync'd with the VC RXP 750 even when Com1/Nav1 was set and set to master.

So at this point I know it's not a P3D issue, not a RXP issue (as it works in the Carenado), but seems to be specific to A2A implementation of RXP.

Cheers, Rob.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rob,

Thanks for posting the second video, but I think the problem is that again you used the RealityXP setup wizard to add a second GTN gauge rather than just popping out the existing one by clicking the bezel.

As mentioned, adding a second instance of the GTN gauge like this could cause conflicts, so please try again with that copy of the panel.cfg file which I uploaded, only this time don't use the RealityXP tool to add another copy of the gauge.

Actually, if you redownload the panel.cfg from the link above, I've edited it to add these lines to the GTN section:

visible=1
always_visible=1

This means both the GTN and GNS will already be visible as pop-up panels when you load the aircraft, not just the latter.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

Hi Nick,

I'll try those settings and get back to you. Still puzzled at why I can't use the standard RXP method for adding?

Cheers, Rob.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Rob,

The RealityXP setup wizard is designed to add the gauges to aircraft which don't natively support it. However, the Bonanza already includes support for the RXP GTN and GNS units, including animated 3-D cockpit elements.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

Hi Nick,

But the Carenado B120 does have native support for the RXP 750 (see above and https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/p ... 0-fsx-p3d/) ... just run a Carenado (same for other aircraft like Milviz 310, JustFlight PA28 Warrior II) executable that does the panel configuration.

Cheers, Rob.

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

Hi Nick,

I tried your updated panel.cfg and both 750 and 530 are visible now when undocked, however the 530 window isn't responding to input from the RSG buttons (it does when added via RXP configure method but again back to blank/black undocked screen.

Cheers, Rob.

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

Hi Nick,

I was able to figure it out ... looked at Carenado B120 and your panel.cfg and came up with a working solution for my situation. Minor changes to how the window is identified for RXP and number designation.

Here is my panel.cfg
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zLLos ... j4LC5Me70Y

FYI, whenever I manually tried to add an RXP GNS via the RXP menus in P3D, it would CTD P3D ... had to do all my testing thru editing panel.cfg then loading P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”