Shifted red radio digits

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jeffreyamcmillan
Airman Basic

Shifted red radio digits

Post by jeffreyamcmillan »

Hi All

Does anyone know how to fix the below issue? It appears the red radio digits have shifted.

https://prnt.sc/shd6fl

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Shifted red radio digits

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jeffrey,

Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug in P3Dv5 where the "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=" entry in the Prepar3D.cfg is being set to 0 for some users. For more info please see this topic; basically you'll need to edit the file to change the "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=" entry from 0 to 1 as there's no facility to do this via the UI unlike in FSX.

The Prepar3D.cfg can be found in C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.

We've reported the bug to Lockheed Martin and we'd encourage any users who experience the issue to post on their forums too.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jeffreyamcmillan
Airman Basic

Thanks for the quick response. I will give it a try!

jeffreyamcmillan
Airman Basic

That worked. Thanks!

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

jeffreyamcmillan wrote: 15 May 2020, 08:53 Hi All

Does anyone know how to fix the below issue? It appears the red radio digits have shifted.

https://prnt.sc/shd6fl

I'm just curious. 90% of the issues being reported are not effecting me. Are these in VR or regular? Every time I read about a new issue I check and most times it doesn't effect me. :? Am I just lucky??? Maybe I should quit being curious and just be happy but it would be something new to know.

Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

jeffreyamcmillan wrote: 15 May 2020, 10:58 That worked. Thanks!
You're welcome and thanks for letting us know.

curtis72561 wrote: 15 May 2020, 18:35 I'm just curious. 90% of the issues being reported are not effecting me. Are these in VR or regular? Every time I read about a new issue I check and most times it doesn't effect me. Am I just lucky??? Maybe I should quit being curious and just be happy but it would be something new to know.
P3Dv5 is a new version of the sim and it looks like there a few bugs which Lockheed Martin still need to squash, and not just in VR mode. If you're not experiencing any, then yes, be happy. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 16 May 2020, 20:11

curtis72561 wrote: 15 May 2020, 18:35 I'm just curious. 90% of the issues being reported are not effecting me. Are these in VR or regular? Every time I read about a new issue I check and most times it doesn't effect me. Am I just lucky??? Maybe I should quit being curious and just be happy but it would be something new to know.
P3Dv5 is a new version of the sim and it looks like there a few bugs which Lockheed Martin still need to squash, and not just in VR mode. If you're not experiencing any, then yes, be happy. :)

Cheers,
Nick
:D :D :D :D
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

Newt
Airman Basic

Post by Newt »

Nick - A2A wrote: 16 May 2020, 20:11

Cheers,
Nick
If you turn the instrument lighting right down this problem goes away (temporarily) for me - perhaps you just didn't have instrument backlight on before.

Great to know the proper fix though.

JRBarrett
Airman Basic

Post by JRBarrett »

The change of cockpit LOD is one of the things that LM implemented in HF1 to try to mitigate the VRAM exhaustion crash. If at any point (in any aircraft) VRAM comes close to the limit, HF1 will scale back graphics settings to try free up VRAM and prevent a crash.

Good idea in principle, but these lowered settings then get stored in the Prepar3D.cfg file when exiting from the sim. Some, like the cockpit LOD, can only be restored by manually editing the file.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

The good new is that this bug will be fixed in Hotfix 2 for P3Dv5 when it's released.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”