Bonanza crashing

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
kapitan
Airman Basic

Bonanza crashing

Post by kapitan »

Bonanza crashing on P3d v5 hotfix1. Problem only happens when windshield.dll is enabled and precipitation is visible in sim. If I rename windshield.dll the Bonanza runs without problems.

Windows 10 (18363) professional 64bit. 4790k running stock with intel turbo boost enabled. Graphics card 1080ti.

Troubleshooting steps so far: tried numerous versions of Nvidia drivers, tried reducing core clock and power limit (read somewhere it may help).

Anyway, open to suggestions as to why this problem is happening. If you need any more info let me know.

Bryan.

avduarri
Senior Airman

Re: Bonanza crashing

Post by avduarri »

The Bonanza is crashing for me as well, even with the windshield.dll set to off.
Same situation with the default Comander the sim doesn't crash.
Where can I find the crash report file?

Thanks

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

Ignore my last post.
Looks like my issue is due to some ObjectFlow random problem from Orbx. They're working on an update for ObjectFlow.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

kapitan wrote: 15 May 2020, 16:17 Anyway, open to suggestions as to why this problem is happening. If you need any more info let me know.
Hello Bryan,

Have you installed the latest update for the Bonanza? More info here.

avduarri wrote: 16 May 2020, 18:11 Looks like my issue is due to some ObjectFlow random problem from Orbx. They're working on an update for ObjectFlow.
Thanks for the update and happy to see we're not the only grinding our teeth! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

kapitan
Airman Basic

Post by kapitan »

Nick - A2A wrote: 16 May 2020, 20:26
kapitan wrote: 15 May 2020, 16:17 Anyway, open to suggestions as to why this problem is happening. If you need any more info let me know.
Hello Bryan,

Have you installed the latest update for the Bonanza? More info here.

Cheers,
Nick
Hi Nick, yes latest Bonanza update is installed.

Bryan.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for confirming Bryan. Are you using default P3Dv5 weather or ActiveSky to generate the rain?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

kapitan
Airman Basic

Post by kapitan »

Nick - A2A wrote: 17 May 2020, 08:50 Okay, thanks for confirming Bryan. Are you using default P3Dv5 weather or ActiveSky to generate the rain?

Nick
Default weather theme, "grey and rainy" and also "major thunderstorm"

From memory I think I also had a problem with ASP3D the last time I had it installed using historical weather to generate precipitation.

Bryan.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info. Does the CTD happen immediately when you load, or after a few minutes of flying through rainy weather?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

kapitan
Airman Basic

Post by kapitan »

Nick - A2A wrote: 17 May 2020, 11:09 Okay, thanks for the info. Does the CTD happen immediately when you load, or after a few minutes of flying through rainy weather?

Cheers,
Nick
It crashes at various times, one time immediately, another time I might get to the active runway. On one occasion I managed to complete a full circuit and having taxied of the runway thought the problem might be gone but no such luck...lol

Bryan.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Bryan - please can you just let us know what the file version number of the Windshield.dll is in your installation?

Also, are you able to monitor RAM usage when these CTDs happen to see if there's still a memory leak happening on your system? If the RAM usage steadily increases that's where we'd need to look. Bear in mind we're talking system RAM here and not GPU RAM (VRAM) which is what's displayed at top left when you press Shift Z a couple of times.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

kapitan
Airman Basic

Post by kapitan »

Nick - A2A wrote: 17 May 2020, 16:39 Thanks Bryan - please can you just let us know what the file version number of the Windshield.dll is in your installation?

Also, are you able to monitor RAM usage when these CTDs happen to see if there's still a memory leak happening on your system? If the RAM usage steadily increases that's where we'd need to look. Bear in mind we're talking system RAM here and not GPU RAM (VRAM) which is what's displayed at top left when you press Shift Z a couple of times.

Thanks,
Nick
Windshield.dll file version number is 20.5.0.10. I reviewed the RAM usage of P3d using process lasso's 'Memory working private set' and could see no increase in memory usage before latest crash which occurred mid flight whilst I was accessing P3D's menu setting to activate vsync. But I have also seen crashes whilst making no menu changes.

I also ran a test with process lasso disabled (core engine shut down) to make sure there wasn't any conflict.

Bryan.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info Bryan. It definitely sounds like you're having some CTD's that are unrelated to the WIndshield.dll, and to be honest CTD reports in general in P3Dv5 seem to be rather common at this early stage in its life cycle.

Have you got any other add-ons installed in the sim?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

Hi,

Just an advise, there is an update for ObjectFlow that corrects an issue that caused random crashes when flying close/above orbx airports/regions.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”