Bonanza Issues with P3Dv5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Airway88
Airman

Bonanza Issues with P3Dv5

Post by Airway88 »

Hi, I have a irritating issue with the Bonanza for P3Dv5..

Radios the format, and autopilot are out of the Radio system..

I have tried to reinstall as administrator and totally removed it from P3Dv5 and reinstalled..same issue..

How can I fix it?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Bonanza Issues with P3Dv5

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Unfortunately, there's a bug in the current version of P3Dv5 whereby the "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=" entry in the Prepar3D.cfg is being set from "1" to "0" for some users. This appears to be happening when the sim runs out of video RAM and, unlike in FSX, this setting cannot be adjusted in the sim's graphics menu.

Lockheed Martin are aware of the issue and hopefully it'll be fixed in a future update. In the meantime, you can fix the issue by manually editing the Prepar3D.cfg with a text editor to change the "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=" entry from "0" to "1".

The Prepar3D.cfg can be found in C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Blackout2254
Airman Basic

Post by Blackout2254 »

I tried this manual fix and the issue continued, any ideas?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

If manually editing the Prepar3D.cfg file hasn't been successful, please can you delete it so that the sim can generate a fresh copy.

Has the sim notified you that you've run out of video memory at any point, or produced any other graphics card error messages?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Blackout2254
Airman Basic

Post by Blackout2254 »

Yes, occasionally P3d will say I ran out of memory and will give me 3 options, if i click retry it just removes all the buildings and sets the settings to the lowest graphics.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, that's what's causing the issue. With the current public build of P3Dv5, whenever you click "retry" it'll set "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=" to 0 at which point it becomes necessary to manually edit the Prepar3D.cfg file, or just delete it.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Blackout2254
Airman Basic

Post by Blackout2254 »

I deleted the Prepar3d.cfg file, then ran P3d, then did the manual fix and it worked.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, that's good - thanks for the update. As mentioned above, you should find this issue is fixed with Lockheed Martin's next update to P3Dv5 so make sure you grab it when it becomes available.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”