accessing circuit breakers via l:var

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jfayre
Airman

accessing circuit breakers via l:var

Post by jfayre »

Hi,
I'm trying to see if I am able to reset circuit breakers by writing to the appropriate l:var. I'm able to read the variables for the breakers and tell which ones are set. However, I can't seem to write to the variables to trip a breaker.
For example, if I write 0 to L:BreakerFlapsMotor, the value of the variable never changes, and the system stays active.
Is it possible to write to these variables at all? If not, is there another way to do this?
I'm thinking it may be possible to reset a breaker, but not to trip it by writing to the variables. If that's the case, I need a way of tripping a breaker so I can test resetting it.
This is for my Talking Flight Monitor accessibility software. I want to create a system that tells the user which breakers are tripped using text-to-speech, then give the user the ability to reset any that have tripped
I did some digging through the xml code, but can't find this particular section.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: accessing circuit breakers via l:var

Post by Scott - A2A »

jfayre,

While the breakers are wired and functional and were tested prior to release, the system isn't setup to purposefully trip these. The system was more or less created for functionality and future expansion.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

jfayre
Airman

Post by jfayre »

Interesting! I was under the impression that these would trip. Is this the same case with all the aircraft? I have the Bonanza, C182 and Cherokee. I'm seeing other forum posts related to breakers, and clicking on them to reset them.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

It's uncommon for a breaker to trip in a real airplane as well as Accu-Sim. But they do trip as you've seen some people report and they do function with animations, sounds, etc. but we didn't feel the system was at the level where we wanted customers pulling breakers and working the systems this way.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

jfayre
Airman

Post by jfayre »

Thanks scott!
So, if a breaker does trip, is it possible to reset it by writing 1 to the l:var for that breaker?
It looks like this is possible, given some of the cockpit builder posts I've read. I just can't test it if I can't intentionally trip the breaker.
Rob knows what I'm up to, but in case you haven't seen, I'm developing an application to allow a blind person to use the A2A aircraft. This means I need to provide keystrokes for things that typically require using a mouse.
The application can be found on github at:
http://www.github.com/jfayre/talking-flight-monitor
There are several blind people using your aircraft already, but the process of accessing the systems is far from simple.
Thanks!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

jfayre,

This is Rob's area and we spoke about it and I came away with the understanding this was not possible. You can also PM Rob directly rather than go through me just to be 100% sure.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”