Avionics Stopped Working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
mattdee
Airman

Avionics Stopped Working

Post by mattdee »

In the most bizarre way, the avionics have ceased working. Strangely enough though, they were working perfectly the night before only some 8 hours prior. I’ve checked the circuit breaker the circuit breaker hasn’t been tripped. It’s when I switch the avionics switch to on none of avionics turn on. All suggestions gratefully received.
Regards Matthew

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Avionics Stopped Working

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Matthew,

Did you use the "cold and dark" option at any stage? If so, it'll turn of the individual power switches on each of the sets in the avionics stack.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

mattdee
Airman

Post by mattdee »

Hi Nick,

Yes I realise that however this is an issue where the avionics will simply not fire up. I'm very familiar with both the V35 with some 60 hours on it and over 100 hours on the C182. I turn the master avionics switch on and then each individual component with no success. The C182 works just fine.........got me stumped?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Matt.

Have you checked the aircraft including the gauges in the maintenance hangar? Also, do you have any add-ons which will prompt 'failures' such as AirHauler? (It's probably worth checking the P3D failures menu.)

If there are no failures triggered in the sim, it's possible something external is preventing the "BonanzaV.dll" itself from running. Do you have any third-party antivirus suites installed?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

mattdee
Airman

Post by mattdee »

Nick,

So I discovered what was causing the issue, it turns out that when I operate the master Bat/Alt and avionics switches via the Honeycomb yoke this anomaly occurs. When I do this all the associated switches in the plane appear to function however, the result is nil avionics. This doesn't appear to be the case in the C182. It's weird but it is easily overcome. Thought you may like to know in case other users have the same issue.

Keep up the incredible work and I am champing at the bit for the twin release whenever that may be.

Best regards

Matt D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Matt - good to hear you found the culprit and I'll indeed try to keep this one in mind in case we receive similar reports in future.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”