V5 installers unable to find V5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Foxtrot_Sim
Airman

V5 installers unable to find V5

Post by Foxtrot_Sim »

I am trying to install the V-Tail, Cherokee, and the 172 into my new P3D V5 Hotfix 2 but the installers say P3D V5 can not be found and exit. I have done basic research in the forum and can not find a similar issue with a solution.
I did re-locate the V5 folder after initially installing it. I moved it from Program Files to Program Files (x86) but I have been able to install ORBX products just fine.
What did I do wrong and how can I fix it?

Thank you!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: V5 installers unable to find V5

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello F_Sim,

If you've manually moved your P3Dv5 folder since installing that certainly explains the issue. This is because Prepar3D's entries in the Windows Registry will no longer be correct.

You could manually edit the registry to correct this or reinstall. However, I'm curious why you moved the installation folder from "Program Files" to "Program Files (x86)"? The latter is used for 32-bit applications.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Foxtrot_Sim
Airman

Post by Foxtrot_Sim »

Disclaimer I have zero knowledge of software but somewhere at some time, I read that the sim (probably back when I used FSX) would have better performance being in the (x86) folder.
Should I/can I move it back to Program Files? What damage would occur if I moved it back.
Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

There's no performance advantage from moving the Prepar3D v5 folder to "Program Files (x86)" so probably best to move it back. This shouldn't cause any issues unless you've installed other add-ons within the new location in "Program Files (x86)".

For Orbx Central v4, I don't believe moving the location of the Prepar3D directory in this way should do any harm if you've installed your scenery to an external library. However, if your scenery does fail to show, try going to "Settings" in Central 4, then from the "Help" menu select "Resynchronise Simulator". You could also click the "Verify Files" option for each Orbx product which you have installed.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Foxtrot_Sim
Airman

Post by Foxtrot_Sim »

I returned P3D V5 pack to Program Files and all is well. Thank you for the help

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome and thanks for the update.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”