Preventative maintenance on flaps

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Preventative maintenance on flaps

Post by Paughco »

Guys: Most of us have experienced flap failure - what a drag. Actually more like an asymmetric drag. I preflight my airplane before every flight, and have noticed that that as the flap mechanism starts to wear, the action when I manually wiggle the flap becomes slower. Seems like it's always different on one side. Dunno why, as I don't flip the flap switch beyond 10 degrees until we're in the white arc. I do know this: If I had a real Bonanza, and one of the flaps sounded or felt funny when I wiggled it, I'd roll it back into the hangar and service the rollers, tracks, whatever, until the action felt nice and smooth.

We can change air and fuel filters even when they're in the green. Please give us the ability to service our flaps before they fail.

Thank you
ATB

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Preventative maintenance on flaps

Post by Scott - A2A »

Paughco wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 19:03 We can change air and fuel filters even when they're in the green. Please give us the ability to service our flaps before they fail.

Thank you
ATB
ATB this makes sense so thank you for suggesting it. I'm putting it on my TO DO and will speak with the team about the feasibility of doing this.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Scott: Thank you! I also put a very similar post in the Comanche Tech Support forum. Seems like the flaps on the Cessna 182 are a bit more robust. Plus the step-wise actuator and the speed range of the airplane, combined with the relatively high allowable flap speeds must help.

I really enjoy my A2A aircraft. Never in the field of flight simming was so much owed by so many to so few (apologies to Sir Winston).

Thank you
ATB

iefbr14
Airman First Class

Post by iefbr14 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 17:13
Paughco wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 19:03 We can change air and fuel filters even when they're in the green. Please give us the ability to service our flaps before they fail.

Thank you
ATB
ATB this makes sense so thank you for suggesting it. I'm putting it on my TO DO and will speak with the team about the feasibility of doing this.

Scott
Thank you all so much for these little features. I love these little technical extras in A2A models. Just today a hat a little benefit of one these accusim details: dodging with fouling sparks was for example no subject in my ppl education as we flew with TDI c172's, but today I was happy to fix a related problem with our TB10. It was rough running on mag check due to not leaning on ground, by previous pilot. Needless to say, as I know she's simming with x-plane :roll:

Andreas

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”