Flaps only extend to FULL

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Ed Brugel
Airman Basic

Flaps only extend to FULL

Post by Ed Brugel »

I'm using P3Dv5 and the A2A V35B and have most items working properly except for the Flaps.
Pressing either the F6/F7 Keys or my yoke buttons to incrementally extend/retract the flaps the folowing happens:
on the first key press Nothing happens
On the 2nd Key press the flaps Extend to FULL
Same thing when I try to manually (using mouse) use the flap switch on the cockpit panel. When switch set to 10%, nothing happens, but moving it a little further it goes to FULL Flaps?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Ed

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Flaps only extend to FULL

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Ed and welcome.

The flap selector in the Bonanza is a three position switch and leaving it in its middle position will stop the flap motor and leave the flaps in whichever position they're currently in. There are no set detents such as in the Cessnas for example, so the flaps can be placed in any position simply by moving the switch to neutral.

In your example, the first press of F7 is moving the selector from the up to the neutral position and the second press is moving it from neutral to the down position. At this point, to stop the flaps extending fully, press F6 when they're in the desired position to return the lever to neutral.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ed Brugel
Airman Basic

Post by Ed Brugel »

Hi Nick
Thank you, I was confused :-)
Ed

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

I was having the same problem as a newbie to this wonderful aircraft. Glad to find this helpful explanation. I will operate the flap switch accordingly and watch the flap position indicator for the desired position.

Ray

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad the topic was helpful Ray. It's a question which comes up quite a bit, as few other aircraft which A2A simulate (e.g. the T-6, P-40 and B-17) share a similar flap logic with a central 'off' position.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”