Circuit Breaker For External Lights?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ratty
Technical Sergeant

Circuit Breaker For External Lights?

Post by ratty »

On our group flight today, near dusk, I flipped to an outside view and discovered I had no external lights, despite the switches for beacon, strobe, nav, and landing lights all being set to On. My companions confirmed that no lights were visible. I checked the breaker board and didn't find one for external lights. We all searched our panels for a breaker without success. I cycled all the switches and turned the alternator and master off and back on. No joy.

After we landed, I inspected the aircraft in the hangar. The oil filter was yellow, everything else OK. I switched to the Comanche, and all the lights worked fine. Back to the Bo, and they were still "negative function".

I restarted the sim (FSXSE) and restarted the Bonanza. Still no joy. Reexamining the breaker board, I saw the "Starter Relay" breaker was popped. I pushed it in. The lights came on.

?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Circuit Breaker For External Lights?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Ratty,

Apologies for the rather late response to this one. Have you made sure that you've run the most recent Accu-Sim update for FSX? If I recall correctly, it does address circuit breaker behaviour in the Bonanza in the event that other older FSX products were installed after it.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: Circuit Breaker For External Lights?

Post by ratty »

Hi, Nick:

I'm usually on top of updates but I ran it anyway. It's hardly a crippling issue; I think this was one of those one-time things that happen occasionally. If I see the same thing again I'll take more careful note of switches and breakers and report back. Thanks!

Ian

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”