Maintenence hangar not to open

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
BonanzaA36Pilot
Airman

Re: Maintenence hangar not to open

Post by BonanzaA36Pilot »

So I have this issue all across my A2A aircraft. I have tried reinstalling the sim, reinstalling the aircraft, loading in different scenarios, and more. All of my A2A aircraft do not work (Maintenance hangar does not work and the airplane does not work). The airplane loads in and it shakes as if it were turned on and started, even though it isn't. The cold-and-dark state as well as the auto-start functions from (Shift-3) do not work whatsoever. The maintenance menu (Shift - 7) is not working either. It gives me the "click to bypass" scenario and it is completely unresponsive and does nothing. I tried making sure the simconnect was installed from (C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib). Please help me resolve this issue. I love this company and what it stands for and I love the quality of product that each and every aircraft has and I can tell the blood, sweat, tears, love, and passion put into these aircraft. As a real world pilot myself, these products truly are a joy to have in my arsenal for my simulations and I hope I get to use them again really soon once we get the issue resolved.

Regards,

- Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Mike,

To help us better understand the issue, please can you give us a bit of background info. Presumably the add-ons were installed and working fine in P3Dv4 at some point, but then stopped doing so for some reason. Did this coincide with any changes you made to P3D, such as installing a new subversion or another add-ons? Or was there a bigger change such as moving to a new PC or reinstalling Windows etc?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BonanzaA36Pilot
Airman

Hello Nick,

Thank you for the reply! Yes it was working before on my old computer, then I moved to a new one about 2 months ago. I had P3D v4 and bought P3D v5 (both latest). I installed Orbx scenery in the sim first, then my PMDG aircraft, then I installed my A2A aircraft, this all being for P3D v5. The A2A aircraft in v5 however, work correctly. I then installed v4 of P3D to do the exact same thing. But I installed the A2A bonanza first and wanted to test it out because I was wanting to fly the sim before installing any more aircraft. I look around the aircraft once I spawn in and first thing I notice that is out of the ordinary is a matte black spinner. Then I hopped into the cockpit and started clicking buttons, they were clickable but not functional. Then the biggest give away was shift 3 and shift 7 not functioning at all. As mentioned previously, the maintenance gives me 0 access to it and the cold-dark/STI-start functions don’t work at all either. The only other sim addon I have installed is tomato shade (not tomato reflections!). I have the latest windows 10, I have disabled the firewall, and still doesn’t work. Thank you for looking into this issue for me.

Regards,

Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional info Mike, that's very helpful.

One quick question to start with. When you installed your Accu-Sim aircraft for P3Dv4, did you use the separate P3D v4 installers for them rather than the P3Dv5 installers?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BonanzaA36Pilot
Airman

Nick,

Affirmative. I used the separate installers to the aircraft (the installers that say P3D v4).

Thank you,
Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Mike. Given your situation with the Accu-Sim fleet functioning properly in P3Dv5 but not in v4, I think the first thing I'd try is resetting P3Dv4 to its default settings. The simplest way to do this is to back up and then delete the Prepar3D.cfg.

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg

For troubleshooting the spinner rendering issue, start out by resetting TomatoShade to the default shaders (Actions → Restore Original Shaders) then to be on the safe side (Actions → Clear shader cache).

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BonanzaA36Pilot
Airman

Hello Nick,

Thank you again for the reply. I went ahead and tried the above mentioned solutions and nothing. I still have the same results.

Regards,
Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Mike,

Are your A2A addons for P3Dv4 and v5 both installed to the same physical drive? In fact can you confirm the full installation path for both? For example, by default P3Dv4 Accu-Sim add-ons will install to "C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A" and for v5 it's "C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A"

Also, are there any add-ons or utilities that you have installed to P3Dv4 that aren't present in v5? (other than TomatoShade which we've already covered.)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BonanzaA36Pilot
Airman

Hello Nick,

Thanks again for your reply. Both versions of P3D are installed in my C drive (my only drive) however the addons for A2A are located in documents/Prepar3D v4 add-one folder. The only thing I have installed in P3D v5 that isn’t installed in P3D v4 is some PMDG aircraft. That’s it.

Thanks,
Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for confirming Mike.

This a rather an odd one! Please can you double-check which files are present in the "C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges" folder. Basically, please can you verify that there's an "A2A_Accusim.dll" file, "Windshield.dll" file and an "accusim_xml" folder containing a "code_s.xml" file.

Please can you also let us know if your "Documents" folder sits inside the Microsoft OneDrive directory?

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BonanzaA36Pilot
Airman

Greetings Nick!

I can confirm that all the required A2A files are present in the folder. I can also confirm that the file path in which the Documents folder containing (Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons) is under the one drive directory.

Cheers,
Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for checking. OneDrive occasionally presents problems with other software (Accu-Sim in this case) being unable to write to file which the OneDrive app is syncing. However, if both P3Dv5 and P3Dv4 add-ons are in the OneDrive folder it's strange that only the latter would be affected.

Please can you try closing the OneDrive app and retesting your Accu-SIm add-ons in P3Dv4. If there's no change, please can you try reinstalling the Bonanza with OneDrive still closed and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BonanzaA36Pilot
Airman

Nick,

Would it be better to just reroute the Documents folder out of the OneDrive Folder? I don’t exactly know how to “turn off” or “shut down” OneDrive if rerouting the folder isn’t advised.

Thank you,
Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update via PM Mike and glad to hear the issue is resolved. I replied to your message regarding your other question.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”