resolved - Strange crash keeps happening

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Chairman
Airman

resolved - Strange crash keeps happening

Post by Chairman »

I have a weird thing going on, I'll be happily flying along in the Bonanza then at some random point the camera will change to an external view and the gear will be down, the gear will start to retract then extend again, then the scenario resets to the default (not the Bonanza this time :) ). When I reload the bonanza and check it out in the hanger it pretty much needs a full rebuild.

On the plus side, I've started the Bonanza from cold and dark so many times now that I have pretty much a 100% hit rate on started first try :D

Running : P3D 4.5, ActiveSky, Chaseplane

I've been dabbling with a streamdeck so have that software (not running) and UCR (not running) and Linda (removed from the modules so absolutely not running) on the pc if that makes any difference.

Any ideas ?
Cheers

edit : the same thing has now happened to me in another add-on plane so it looks like a p3d problem not an a2a problem. I'll make my way down that rabbit hole, but leave this here in case any of the gurus have ideas :)

edit 2 : Eventually I realised that this was only happening in one area. Hmmm ... I started going back through the windows control panel to see what I'd installed lately, it was a pretty thin list, then I spotted Orbx scenery packs and it occured to me I'd spent so long flying around Queenstown since I got orbx that this was the first time I'd flown in this area since installing that. Ok, so let's go and have a trawl through their forum ... Oh look, someone else reported effectively flying into a wall near Wellington at FL100 ... and (orbx?) replied that it's a known issue and there's a note on the Orbx product pages - it doesn't seem to be in the manual and on the pages it's in a marginally larger bold font at the end of the description but it is there! - "Due to unresolved issues for P3D versions 2.4 and above, we recommend NZ Regions and Airports have crash detection disabled." So I disabled it, and the problem vanished. But I'll still leave the post here, eventually someone else will have the same problem and google will bring them here :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: resolved - Strange crash keeps happening

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for the follow ups, flying with crash detection off tends to be something everyone does anyway due to scenery issues regarding invisible walls and buildings crash detection boxes not being inline with models etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”