Bad Install? What did I do wrong?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
clr2psh777
Airman Basic

Bad Install? What did I do wrong?

Post by clr2psh777 »

Happy Holidays A2A Team!

Just got myself the V35 and sadly find myself at a loss for words. Not my first A2A aircraft and I couldn't wait to get my hands on her! :(

This is now my 3rd re-install with all updates (20.6.18) installed at the time of base install. Anti-Virus was deactivated. Do this aircraft need to be ran before any updates?

When loading the aircraft in P3D4, nothing works. Even if Cold & Dark, I can't get into the Maintenance Hangar. There are also no visible/audible queues when turning on/off the Batt and Alt. Just a dead aircraft, really.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Bad Install? What did I do wrong?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello clr2psh777, welcome to the forums and Merry Christmas.

Sorry to hear you've had difficulties getting up and running with the Bonanza. So that we can help you troubleshoot the problem, please can you let us know answers to the following few questions.
  1. Do you already have any A2A aircraft installed in P3Dv4, and if so are they working as expected?
  2. When you installed the V35B, what installation path did you use?
  3. Is there a "Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35" folder present on your system containing a few files including a .dat file?
  4. When you launch P3Dv4, do you do so via its shortcut in the Start Menu or on the desktop, or do you use any third-party applications to launch the sim?
Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

clr2psh777
Airman Basic

Post by clr2psh777 »

Good Evening Nick,

Appreciate your quick reply.

1. Yes, I currently have the C182 as my only other A2A aircraft. Just flew it, nothing unusual.
2. C:\Users\....\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons , same as the C182
3. Yes, that directory and files do exist.
4. P3D is launched from my Desktop as Admin.

Thanks,
clr2psh777

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info.

A few users have reported apparent conflicts with OneDrive. Please can you try closing the OneDrive app so that it's not actively syncing your "Documents" folder and then reinstalling and reupdating the Bonanza.

Could you also confirm if you've modified the default scenario in P3D at all, for example to load a complex aircraft instead of one of the stock planes which come with the sim. Currently, which aircraft first shows up in the revolving preview window when you first launch the program?

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. One other quick question: when you install the Bonanza, does the installer detect that you already have an Accu-Sim plane installed and 'lock' the installation path?
A2A Simulations Inc.

clr2psh777
Airman Basic

Post by clr2psh777 »

Nick,

It seems to be working now! :o :o :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D

I believe the issue was with the OneDrive. I went ahead and uninstalled both A2A aircraft and did a fresh install with updates, with the A2A folders excluded from the OneDrive sync. Both aircraft appear to be functional now.

Thank you! Thank you!

Now I've got some learning to do.

~ clr2psh777

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update clr2psh777 - you're welcome and great to hear you're in business.

Please drop us a line if you have any further issues or questions.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”