Steamed Up Cockpit Glass

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Steamed Up Cockpit Glass

Post by GaryRR »

I have noticed on two different occasions the side glass and windscreen getting a steamed up appearance for no apparent reason. I switch to external view and they look clear. On both occasions it was on the ground. Low MAP setting, RPM pulled back low and Mix lean. Don't know if that makes a difference. Happened during preflight and shutdown after arrival. During the preflight incident I reloaded the aircraft and it cleared. Still annoying though.
Any fix for this?

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Re: Steamed Up Cockpit Glass

Post by GaryRR »

Just to clarify I am running FSX-STEAM
UTX
GEX
ASN-Next Steam Edition.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Gary,

To demist the window glass, you'll basically need to use the same sort of techniques that you'd use in the real aircraft. For example, there's the windshield defrost and cabin heat controls on the switch panel, fresh air vent nozzles on the ceiling, and cabin vent nozzles by your feet. Opening the storm window (or the door if you're on the ground prior to engine start) is another way to get fresh, dry air into the cabin to help to accelerate the demisting process. As with the real thing, the more folks that are in the plane, and the colder the outside air temperature, the more prone the inside of the windows will be to condensation forming.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

So that actually is a steamed up glass effect? I wondered because it doesnt show from the outside. I live in PA. I put defrost on full. Didn't open side window or door though. I will give that a try next time it happens. Thanks for answering.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Welcome to the world of Accu-sim!

Seeya
ATB

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Yep the T-6 was my first Accusim airplane and I when I first got it I had that issue and reloaded it a bunch of times and restarted the sim twice before it occurred to me that there was the possibility that the airplane was actually that real ... :shock: 8)

A2A + Accusim = Awesomeness!! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

yep welcome to the world of accu-sim. i had many planes do that to cause i forgot to open the window. especially with the windshield fogged over i almost mowed down the marshaller with my propeller. not really a good way to give a guy a haircut :lol:

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”