extremely low external volume FSX/A

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
David67
Airman

extremely low external volume FSX/A

Post by David67 »

Very faint volume in external view. Almost zero. Not using any external source or camera software, plain old FSX/A with a couple of joysticks. My FSX/A sound sliders are where they always are, and all of my other planes are normal. If there's a chance I can increase the external volume files using audacity or another freeware sound software, please let me know.

Internet search, something about removing the slash in the cockpit builders line, panel config...supposedly increases the external volume to normal, but all it does is let you hear internal sounds externally.

Is there a fix?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: extremely low external volume FSX/A

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello David,

Are you using any other add-ons like camera programs?

It's indeed possible to modify the volume of the external sounds by editing the sound.cfg file, but if it's "almost zero" in your installation, sounds like something odd is going on.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

David67
Airman

Post by David67 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 09:01 Hello David,

Are you using any other add-ons like camera programs?

It's indeed possible to modify the volume of the external sounds by editing the sound.cfg file, but if it's "almost zero" in your installation, sounds like something odd is going on.

Thanks,
Nick
I don't have any camera programs of any type. I I figure the external Bonanza sound is at about 25-30%. The rest of the sounds are ok. No other planes have issues. The only odd thing I've done is click the accu-sim sound menu at the top to see what that was about and still not sure. I also un-commented the cockpit builder line in the Bonanza panel cfg. searching for a fix.

I also get very poor Bonanza frame performance. Forced to already delete the Constellation I purchased yesterday for poor performance. Have yet to check out the Comanche and T-6 that I just purchased for frame performance.

The A2A C172 and Cherokee that I've had for a few years work fine with excellent frame rate.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

The Bonanza will tend to be a bit more demanding in terms of FPS than older products like the Cessnas, Pipers and T-6 due to the use of higher resolution texturing and additional night lighting functionality.

However, if you can give us some quantitative info on the performance you're seeing and let us know your system specs, we may be able to help.

I recommend you re-comment the line you edited in the panel.cfg as this isn't related to changing the volume of the external sound effects. The Accu-Sim sound menu allows playback of the internal sound through different audio devices and isn't used to control volume either. In terms of the external sound level, please can you confirm what level your engine sounds are set to in the FSX sound settings?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

David67
Airman

Post by David67 »

It's too bad there was no warning that performance might be worse with the Bonanza and the Connie before purchase. Definitely would have passed on purchase.

i7 2600k 3.4 ghz
8 gb ram
windows 7 64 bit
sound quality=2
sound LOD=0
NVidia GTX 760
Mode=1920x1080x32

SOUND_FADER1=100 [engine volume]
SOUND_FADER2=55
SOUND_FADER3=75
SOUND_FADER4=98

Shaders deleted and reloaded, frame rate tested unlimited, normally locked at 30.

Default C172 as start up plane.

All exceptions entered in to any anti-virus program. Thoroughly cognizant of all tips and tricks within the AvSim CTD PDF. As well as other FSX performance threads.

Performance: OOM anywhere near a medium to large city, flying in the cornfields of Nebraska far away from cities 24/28 dipping to 22 . That's if I disable all weather and cloud formations. All Orbx scenery.

Something resembling fluid flight (on my outdated computer) can be achieved by un-ticking Orbx. Logically, if and when A2A supplies a volume fix performance will still be unacceptable.
Last edited by David67 on 02 Jan 2021, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info David, though you don't mention your graphics card or screen resolution which are important factors too. However, FSX is a dated platform (>10 yeas old) and if you're using it on dated hardware too, but with recently created scenery and aircraft add-ons, something has to give.

However, for what it's worth, I also used a 2600k (albeit overclocked to something like 4.3 GHz) with a GTX 970 at the time of the Bonanza's release and was able to get perfectly acceptable performance in both P3Dv4 and FSX, even with Orbx regions, provided scenery setting were kept at a sensible level.

In your case, it may be possible that by reducing settings in FSX, you can get acceptable performance. PMDG have written some useful guidance on the subject.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

David67
Airman

Post by David67 »

VAS management, nothing that I'm not already familiar with. I can see that all I'm doing here is treading water before sinking.

Sorry, can't spend any more time and money on A2A.

Nevertheless Nick, I appreciate your polite effort.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

David,

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”