mso20win32client.dll CTD with Bonanza

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
karlito92
Airman Basic

mso20win32client.dll CTD with Bonanza

Post by karlito92 »

Hi All,

I have recently been experiencing a spate of CTD's relating to the mso20win32client.dll (widely reported on the P3D, Avsim and PMDG Beta forums) across multiple aircraft in P3D V5.1 HF1. I have followed also the usual methods of troubleshooting including uninstalls/reinstalls, vanilla installations and so on but had no luck in resolving the issue until 3 weeks ago when I had a lightbulb moment and researched the .dll. Following my research, I rolled back my Office installation to November and was able to fully resolve this issue in all scenarios except for one; loading the Bonanza.

I bought the Bonanza during the Christmas sales and have been able to use it absolutely fine until today, where I receive the following crash no matter if I load into the sim in a default plane and then change aircraft or if I load straight in from the sim scenario startup screen;

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.1.12.26829, time stamp: 0x5fb44f72
Faulting module name: mso20win32client.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fd28a6a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000071179
Faulting process ID: 0x2f14
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e9ae68490e45
Faulting application path: C:\P3D V5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office16\mso20win32client.dll
Report ID: 412a06b2-fd2f-47fd-b7ed-154dbbe9b419
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The error is the same every time but the time and date of the error changes depending on when I'm willing to try and use the Bonanza again.

In terms of trouble shooting the Bonanza, I have tried the following;

1. Complete removal of add-on repaints back to the core installation & tested - no joy
2. Full uninstall of the Bonanza and cleaning of leftover files (including AppData & Registry etc)
3. Re-downloaded installer from my A2A account and installed (no add-on liveries added)
4. Tested a barebones P3D installation with the Bonanza only (no textures, weather, add-on scenery, add-on aircraft etc) - no joy

Is there anything I am missing? Anyone else having this issue too?
Karl Desmond

AMA230
Airman

Re: mso20win32client.dll CTD with Bonanza

Post by AMA230 »

Are you using any third party virus scanner next to Windows defender?
If so, turn them off or deinstall them.

I have only Windows defender active on my computer and don't realize any problems with A2A crates.

Kind regards
Gernot aka AMA230

karlito92
Airman Basic

Post by karlito92 »

Hi Gernot,

I don't use anything besides Windows Defender and have taken the usual steps to exclude my P3D installation from it's scanning routines etc.
Karl Desmond

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Karl, welcome to the forums and thanks for the detailed post describing your issue.

This in an interesting one in terms of the link to MS Office; also I don't recall seeing this dll mentioned in the CTD reports that have unfortunately been more common since the release of P3Dv5.

In your case, when you uninstalled the Bonanza, did you also manually remove the contents of the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35" folder? If not, please can you give this a try.

If this doesn't help, I suggest you delete the Prepar3D.cfg file in "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" so that the sim generates a fresh copy with default settings.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Nick,

I have no idea if that relates to Karl‘s issue but it includes another totally unrelated program so I mention it anyway.

I have first had issues with my printer not completing it‘s print jobs anymore, when coming from P3D like FSLabs Airbus printers. Then after another windows update (H2) my printers failed completely. I found another guy in a forum unrelated to flight sim who claimed Adobe Acrobat Reader OC to be the culprit and so I uninstalled it to try it out. And my printers were back to normal. At that time I hadn‘t used any A2A aircraft for months so I can‘t tell if there was the problem before but right now, when I reinstall the Acrobat Reader, beside the printer problem I can not get the digits in A2A radio panels to display correctly. I see many ## $$ ££ %% etc though. When I throw the reader off my system they work fine.

I have not experienced any crashes and I don‘t know if there could be any correlations, maybe you see something there. If not, I don‘t want to highjack the thread so just ignore it then. I am fine without the Reader atm :D

karlito92
Airman Basic

Post by karlito92 »

Hi all,

I managed to fix it and I am now in the air again with this beautiful plane!

The fix - updated office back up to the latest release.

Thanks for all the support!
Karl Desmond

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Karl and glad to hear you've fixed the CTD. An odd one indeed and I'll make a mental note for future reference.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”