Dead Avionics

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Heronjr
Airman First Class

Dead Avionics

Post by Heronjr »

Good day,
I have just purchased the Bonanza for P3Dv5. I have a happy A2A experience with the FSX Cessna 182 for years. Now I am facing a strange problem with the Bo avionics - I cannot turn them on after the engine startup. I have to shut off the engine, put all back to Cold & Dark, and then, using CTRL-E to startup, the avionics come on. From this point, going back to C&D, I can manually startup the engine and turn on the avionics successfully. Since yesterday, I made four flights and had to do this litany. Is there a hidden electrical button or switch to turn on before the avionics switch?

I don't know if my Spad.Next rig has something to do with this glitch. In FSX I never had this kind of problem, and in P3Dv5 all my payware aircraft addons don't complain. I've read in this forum few comments about this, but there were no answers to them.

Thanks for your attention,
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.4 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3
Intel Core i7 10700KF, 3.80GHz
RAM: 32GB
GPU RTX 3060 12GB w/2 Monitors

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Dead Avionics

Post by Jacques »

Hi Heron,
Do you remember to turn on the avionics master switch, to the left of the avionics stack? I’m just asking because I didn’t see that mentioned in your description. I think if you use ctrl+E, that turns the avionics master on (in addition to BAT, GEN and the Beacon) as a part of the “auto engine start” sequence.

Heronjr
Airman First Class

Post by Heronjr »

Hi Jacques,

I wrote in my text: "From this point, going back to C&D, I can manually startup the engine and turn on the avionics successfully". It is the switch, number 18 in the Manual System Description chapter, called Avionics Master. Yes, I use this switch and nothing happens in the first try. I am quite used to GAs as a more than 30 years simmer and also private pilot.

Regards
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.4 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Heron,

Are you turning on the individual power switches on the radios themselves as well as the avionics master switch?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Heronjr
Airman First Class

Post by Heronjr »

Hi Nick,
Yes.

My sequence: 1. Battery/Gen ON, 2. Beacon ON, 3. Startup engine, 4.Lights needed ON, 5. Avionics Master ON, 6. Each individual radio ON switch.

Come on guys, I have the FSX A2A C182 for years and I know this sequence quite well. This sequence is the same for most good sim GA's, and I also use it, believe it or not, in real life aircraft.

I use in the Bo the F1 Garmin GTN 750 which comes to life immediately after a successful Avionics Master ON. So, if at the first time it remains OFF, I know the radios won't turn ON.

I am doing tests with the Spad.Next combined with your Bonanza Input Configurator. I think Spad.Next is somewhat half culprit, because after the systems are running, it behaves perfectly.

Thanks again for your support. I'll keep you informed.
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.4 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Heron,

Sorry for asking an obvious question, but I've found from bitter experience that's it's best to ask the basic questions first before launching in long threads full of more advanced troubleshooting! And even real world aviators and experienced simmers can sometimes overlook something seemingly simple.

From this post and one-or-two of your others, I agree that SPAD.neXt could be implicated, but I'm at a bit of a disadvantage here, as I don't have any Saitek hardware or this software to test against.

If you do manage to make any progress with this one, then yes, please let us know. In the meantime, the only thing I can suggest is making sure the avionics or radios aren't somehow keeping hold of a 'failed' state in the P3D failure settings.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Heronjr
Airman First Class

Post by Heronjr »

Hi Nick,
No problem, I understand all your questions because certainly there are zillions of behavior circumstances around software and hardware. Sometime, years ago, I needed 10 navigation hours to complete my certification in Brazil and the only flying hours I could afford was using an "Aero Boero AB115" aircraft, almost a Red Baron type - with stick for yoke. I think you can imagine the effort I had to know how to manage an almost alien system in less than half an hour before takeoff from SBRJ-Santos Dumont Rio de Janeiro airport.

But, lets come back to our simulator. Yesterday, I spent the whole Saturday tuning the Bo with the Spad.Next. I discovered that the electrical system must be treated with care. I was using one single Saitek switch to turn on Battery and Alternator using a Spad LVAR command moving both switches. Then I decided to maintain one Spad LVAR switch for the battery and one Alternator shortcut from the Input Configurator. Until now, things are working well. I was just waiting some more flights to contact you.

Regards
Attachments
Aero Boero AB115
Aero Boero AB115
Aero Boero AB115.jpg (7.62 KiB) Viewed 4365 times
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.4 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3

new reply