Bonanza/P3Dv5.2HF1: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Heronjr
Airman First Class

Bonanza/P3Dv5.2HF1: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post Heronjr »

Good Day,
I have read all of the posts about this DXGI error in P3D forum and here in A2A. I would like to confirm some points:

1. With the Bonanza, the DXGI error seems to happen in my sim only under rain conditions. Is the solution of removing the Windshield.dll file from A2A\Gauges still working?
2. Is it confirmed that using the Dynamic Texture Streaming option ON could also lead to this DXGI error?
3. Are there any news about this P3Dv5 plague?
4. Why didn't LM fix this error in v5.2?

Oh yes. I use ASP3D.

Regards,
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.2 HF1 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3
Intel Core i7 10700KF, 3.80GHz
RAM: 32GB
GPU RTX 3060 12GB w/2 Monitors

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Bonanza/P3Dv5.2HF1: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post Nick - A2A »

Heronjr wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 14:06
1. With the Bonanza, the DXGI error seems to happen in my sim only under rain conditions. Is the solution of removing the Windshield.dll file from A2A\Gauges still working?
You could certainly try this Heron. Unfortunately we've never been able to reproduce this issue reliably. However, the handful of customers who have reported CTDs seem to have multiple high resolution monitors in use.

Your other three questions are best addressed to Lockheed Martin themselves if you're seeing this issue regularly and removing the windshield.dll doesn't help.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Heronjr
Airman First Class

Post Heronjr »

Hi Nick,

I'm quite convinced that, in my case, is ASP3D + Rain + Windshield.dll.

I've deleted windshield.dll and made 4 successful flights in the Seattle area, but no rain. Incredible, isn't it? Many clouds but no rain. As soon as I fly into rain I will report. I will not force the weather, because my DXGI errors occurred in natural injected local conditions.

Thanx and regards
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.2 HF1 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3

Heronjr
Airman First Class

Post Heronjr »

Good day Nick,

Finally I got rain, and heavy! Flying in the Bahamas area I could make a 1.5 hs leg using ASP3D, under heavy rain, bull fighting some CB's. So, turning off windshield.dll the DXGI error did not happen. I look forward Hifi Simulations can soon fix this instability, because the effect is astonishing.

Regards,
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.2 HF1 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”