Bonanza Update Flaps fail

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Macmanm242
Airman Basic

Bonanza Update Flaps fail

Post by Macmanm242 »

Hi all, After sometime I decided to pull the gal out of the hanger and did an update after which flaps and cowl flaps will not work. Thought it was me so did a complete reinstall of AC and checked before I updated it. Works great. Install the update and shes broke no flaps no cowl flaps no animation at all. P3dv4 is my platform, All other a2a ac working just fine. If I missed this somewhere I truly apologize. Again thanks. Rob
Actually Just checked and all ac are like this now. Again Thanks Rob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Bonanza Update Flaps fail

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Please next time can I ask you don't revert to a reinstall right away as you may have caused the issue to get far more complicated to fix what could have been a simply maintenance hangar issue.

-First up to check is to ask what aircraft you have and have you installed using the relevant P3Dv4 installer of the A2A Aircraft.
-Next to check your P3Dv4 is all updated too.
-Next to check the maintenance hangar in the sim to make sure everything is actually fit for flight in the sim itself.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Macmanm242
Airman Basic

Post by Macmanm242 »

Hey Lewis, Checked I have p3dv4 up to date and own B17, P40, P51 and Bonanza. Just did a check and B17 and P40 are good but no flap anamation to includ cowl flaps form Bonanza or P51. I checked hanger of both and even did the overhaul thing. No change. Also side note unable to load baggage in bonanza. Sorry about the reinstall thing just thought it was something i had done. Works great untill I do the 20 update.
Thanks Rob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Rob,

just to confirm a couple of things;
- the update you are running is from the start menu P3D Updater and not the old FSX updater from the forum?

- You are starting the sim using a default flight with a default aircraft and not a saved flight

If all that is good then you could try deleting the .dat files and then starting the sim for new ones to be generated. This will wipe your hours on the aircraft. The .dat files are located in my documents , A2A for example;
\Documents\A2A\P3D\Cessna182

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Macmanm242
Airman Basic

Post by Macmanm242 »

Hey Lewis, Thats a roger it is the automatic p3dv4 update 20.6.18.0
Deleted the files specified and no change.
And am using default start before selecting Plane.
Could this be a win10 kind of update? Im an old fogy still win 7 pro here. Just wondering lol

Thx Rob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ill have to refer to a team member for that so please bare with me whilst I check the windows 7 thing. In the meantime can I ask how you are controlling the flaps have you tried the mouse clicks in the sim over using a controller.

thanks,
Lewis

Macmanm242
Airman Basic

Post by Macmanm242 »

Hey Lewis,
Roger on the mouse click, have tried key board yoke etc. Cockpit flap indicator responding per flap request, sound and all. Just no animation from flaps outside or cowl flaps. Cant load baggage same as before. Can place people in plane but you can tell it makes no difference as far as weight is concerned. AC will fly in sim but as if ya aint got no flaps lol. Will make wind noise as if flaps are going down but no effect to flying characteristics. As before if you do not install the update plane works great. Its just after update everything breaks.

Thx Rob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rob,

The update should work fine for Win7 as well as for Win10, so don't think the OS is the culprit here.

I think the first thing to check is the circuit breakers on the right-hand side of the panel. There's one for the flap motor for example.

If all the breakers are pushed in and the cockpit controls are moving as expected, it's possible the log.dat file for the Bonanza has become corrupted which is why Lewis suggested deleting it above, but there's actually a little typo in his post.

The log.dat file for the P3D Bonanza is actually located in "Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35" (The FSX folder is used for log.dat files for both sims whereas the P3D folder is reserved for input configurator files).

So, if the issue still persists, please could you try deleting the contents of this folder if you haven't already.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Macmanm242
Airman Basic

Post by Macmanm242 »

Hi Nick

Well I tried everything I can imagine to no avail. As stated initial install of ac without the auto update works great. Can load baggage folks etc with noticeable compression of ac due to weight added. Flaps cowl everything working as should.
Install the update and its broken. Load all four paxs wont compress ac as if its still empty. Cant even select baggage at rear of ac, just wont let ya. Sure its on my end just dont have any idea what could have happened. Nothing new added to the sim in months and honestly cant say how long the problem has been here. I know it all worked great a month ago when i went flying. Anyway thanks for the help as I know it aint yall. I done broke something lol. Did install new SSD but then did a complete reinstall of P3d and ac and as stated worked then. Again thanks for trying. Ill just go without update for now.

Rob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rob,

Yes, sounds like this is something very specific to your system. Just to rule out any systematic issues, I fired up an old PC which runs Windows 7 and has P3Dv4 on and updated the Bonanza (which was previously at version 19.5.24.0) to the current 20.6.18.0 version. Everything worked fine in terms of flap animations, both before and after the update.

I think in your case, I'd suggest a clean reinstall of the Bonanza and also reverting P3Dv4 to its default settings. You can do this by renaming the Prepar3D.cfg which will force the sim to build a new copy. Then, if you wish to revert to your previous settings, you can just delete the new copy of the file and change the renamed file back to its original name.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Macmanm242
Airman Basic

Post by Macmanm242 »

Hi Nick
Why did I not even think of that is beyond me. Nick your a genius! Worked like a charm! Thank you so much for all the time ya'll took for this problem. Lets write that one down for next time lol!
Case Closed!
Thanks Rob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rob,

Great to hear the issue is resolved and you're very welcome! :) Just to clarify, what was it that fixed the problem - the clean reinstall of the Bo or deleting the Prepar3D.cfg?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Macmanm242
Airman Basic

Post by Macmanm242 »

Hey Nick

It was the cnofig file. Still comparing the two to find out what the differenc is.
Rob

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”