Cold and dark Startup

The premier US WWII Fighter
new reply
mikpen14
Airman

Cold and dark Startup

Post by mikpen14 »

Is there a way to go into the cfg and have it set so that the Mustang always loads with the power off and no engine running?

Thanks

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Easiest way is to start the sim, start a flight at a default airport then turn off all systems (battery, etc.) Save the flight as default. It should now open all planes in free flight with all systems off.

Please note, this may mess with other addons, etc.
ImageImage
ImageImage

mikpen14
Airman

Post by mikpen14 »

[quote="CodyValkyrie"]Please note, this may mess with other addons, etc.[/quote]

Thanks, yeah thats what I wanted to avoid and was hoping I could change something in the cfg.

Thanks again.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I suppose that setting a 'cold dark' flight as your default could affect some add-ons but its not something I've experienced a problem with. Perhaps there are aircraft that need you to start with some or all systems on in order to work properly?

Anyhow, I think you can avoid this problem by first saving your Mustang flight under a flight specific name (ie, "P-51D Engine Off"). Next, do NOT make it your default flight. Now you'll have the extra step of using the Select Flight menu to load this situation when you want it, but the trade-off is that you won't affect all of the aircraft across the board.

I believe that after you load your P-51D mission that you can then change aircraft and locations and still keep the 'cold and dark' environment. If you run into problems with other aircraft you can still load your default flight and restore having engines and avionics already on. You can also exit FS and relaunch it to go back to default.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

mikpen14
Airman

Post by mikpen14 »

Thanks for the help Skycat, I forgot all about being able to save flights, as Ive never used it before. I'll give'er a go.

Thanks again!

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”