Question about the P-51 solo fro FSX

The premier US WWII Fighter
new reply
skarden
Airman Basic

Question about the P-51 solo fro FSX

Post by skarden »

Hey guys just a quick question question about the solo version of the P-51,I really want to get it for FSX but I use the acceleration pack and I'v read that this can causes problems with this particular plane.I fly in DX9 without light bloom.My question is will I still have the problems of the black gauges in the cockpit and black textures elsewhere? As these seems to be the main cause of problems with this plane in FSX?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Question about the P-51 solo fro FSX

Post by Scott - A2A »

As long as light bloom is off, you should be ok. The 2 issues are the prop clipping clouds and some transparent screws in the cockpit.

These will all be corrected with a substantially updated model in the works. Here is the most recent dev update:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=13541

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

If you decide to buy the "Solo" version while waiting for the 'next generation' w/ Accusim version to be finalized, there is now an unofficial fix for the transparent screws. See this thread:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 25&t=13457

As I recall, the first download link filled the transparent areas but also removed all the placards from the cockpit. The second download, the one by reposted by labrat, works perfectly.

Edit: The official FSX update patch cures the transparent screws and other anomolies.
Last edited by Skycat on 04 Dec 2010, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

skarden
Airman Basic

Post by skarden »

thanks for the help guys.Downloading now.I'm doing a around australia trip with my new FTX complete add-on and I'll be spliting my flying between this lovely P-51 and the also lovely realair spitfire.cheers for the small heads up on the little fix's.

Thanks again ~S~

wad597
Airman

Post by wad597 »

If you purchase the current model will we get the updated for free or will you have to buy the new one. I understand if you have to no argument from me. I really want the accusim version and would rather not purchase 2 P51's.

Thank you
Andrew

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Scott's link answers this question:

"Wings of POWER 3: P51 Early and Late Models in development ... Like our Wings of POWER 3: P47 Razorback, existing Wings of POWER II: P51D owners will also receive an additional price break when we launch the Wings of POWER 3: P51 Mustang. This new Mustang from A2A Simulations is receiving down-to-the-rivet attention, including Accu-Sim modeling."

This is old info but I'm sure the business plan is still valid.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”