Patching FW-190 Addon.

The most maneuverable WWII aircraft in history
new reply
-=Jaws=-
Airman Basic

Patching FW-190 Addon.

Post by -=Jaws=- »

Hello all.

I bumped into some screenshots and reviews for this FW-190 addons on the sites and forums I usually visit.
I came to this site and I bought both 190 addons. I have a quite fat Internet connection so i got the download option.
I'm a bit of a fw-190 nut :lol:, so i bought them without having any MS flight simulators. :lol:

Now i had the goodies i had an excuse to buy the FSX.
I got it, installed it, then installed both addons. I checked the tips on this forum for making them work perfectly with FSX.
I'm a happy camper now.
I have tons of fun flying my beloved FW-190's even if I don't get to shoot nothing for once :P

I love the addons. great flight models, superb 3d models.

I have one question.
Some of the games I tried if you get the download option usually you get the latest version with all the patches already installed so you have a current version of the game right from the get go.
Is this the case with this addons or i have to download and install the patches, treating the game as the original release?

I'm asking because i didn't find anything telling me what version of the addon i got.
I suspect the parches may be already installed because I don't think I have trim for ailerons and rudder but I'm not sure.

I forgot. Is the P-47 addon compatible with FSX, or at least easy to install on it?

Thanks gents.

Steven190
Airman First Class

Post by Steven190 »

If you think that is an old version, get the patch and apply.

It will not hurt anything to install it

You just have to direct it to the path to FSX

Did you add the aircraft folder to FSX main and add the name change to the Application Data?

-=Jaws=-
Airman Basic

Post by -=Jaws=- »

Steven190 wrote:If you think that is an old version, get the patch and apply.

It will not hurt anything to install it

You just have to direct it to the path to FSX

Did you add the aircraft folder to FSX main and add the name change to the Application Data?
Hello Steven. I did add the aircraft to the main FSX folder and fixed the problems with few cockpit textures from the long nose 190 expansion pack.

I'm not sure what you mean about adding the name change to the aplication data. :?:
I definetly did not do that.

Steven190
Airman First Class

Post by Steven190 »

To make it so you can just download the FS2004 palnes to FSX easier.

Go to;
C;Documents and Settings/your name/Application Data (You may have to go to the folders properties folder to check "Show Hidden files")/Microftsoft/FSX folder/fsx.cfg(use notepad)

Add this line below .5

SimObjectPaths.6=Aircraft

Close and save=yes

Add Aircraft folder to main folder

Now the FS9 planes will load to FSX.

-=Jaws=-
Airman Basic

Post by -=Jaws=- »

Thank you Sir.

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

FW 190 Add On

Post by cflord »

I purchased the FW 190 Butcher Bird today (Jan 21, 2007) and made the same assumption, that the plane I purchased would be the latest version. To my surprise I had to download the 1.11 and 1.2 patches to fix small problems with the modeling. None the less, I really like the FW 190 and it flys pretty good as well.

Keep the shinny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer :shock:

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"”