Any hope for running 2.13 on Windows 10?

new reply
Scotters
Airman First Class

Any hope for running 2.13 on Windows 10?

Post by Scotters »

So is there any way to get 2.13 to work on Windows 10. I have an MSI laptop with a geforce gtx 960m card nad16gb ram.

I am getting the "text" crash issue as others have reported when flying in the campaign. Hoping for a fix without having to use an older patch.

Thanks for any ideas.

Scott

--------edit update-------------
I'm now having some success running it as an administrator, still windows 10 (no other compatibility settings), highest resolution, and using bilineal filtering as was suggested elsewhere on these forums.

I had 2 successful test runs in the first campaign. Previously the game was crashing, but in my two test runs flying as a Brit into tons of Stukas there was no crashing of the game. Of course I crashed the plane, but thats ok!!! :D

Still more testing needs to be done.

Also, I read reports of people disabling the movies because of crashes, knock on wood, but I have had no issues with any of the movies.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please let me know. Hopefully, though, everything is working ok and I can just now learn the game and enjoy.
-----------edit update----------
Just had a crash maybe 2 minutes into a mission in the campaign. Too bad. Any ideas guys?

Scotters
Airman First Class

Re: Any hope for running 2.13 on Windows 10?

Post by Scotters »

How hard is it to do a dual boot of windows 10 and windows 7, just for the purpose of playing BOB II? Has anyone successfully done this? I just really want to play this game, but it looks hopeless in Windows 10.

Would Windows 7 pro work? (Keystores online has it for 29 bucks where you can download windows 7 and get the key. It looks like a legit site.)

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

I haven't messed with that sort of thing in a long time, but as
I recall, having a separate drive that is bootable to the second OS
is pretty simple and straightforward. You control which OS boots
via the bios, which you also use to control the OS install (or you can
make it simple by manually swapping out the drive data cables
instead). W7 pro should be fine; I have W7-64 home premium, which
is very similar; just make sure you are getting W7-64, not the old W7-32.

Scotters
Airman First Class

Post by Scotters »

PV and A.Fokker thanks for the help. I really don't know if I want to try to dual boot windows 10 and 7, I really just don't want to mess with my MSI gaming laptop, and I don't want to buy another hard drive, buy windows 7, try to get it to work, etc, just too much frustration.

For now I put the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Of course I get the text crash every time.

So I will just hope that maybe DXwnd is the solution. So do please keep trying, and let us know if you find something. I feel that I'm so close to getting this to work, and the few moments where I'm in the air among hundreds of German planes is just awesome! So I hope we can find a way to get it to work! I also just downloaded DWwnd myself. I have no idea what setting to fiddle with, but if you guys ever get something that looks good, let me know and I will be happy to try your profile!

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”