Question about joystick setup

new reply
Interlocutor
Airman Basic

Question about joystick setup

Post by Interlocutor »

After an absence of 5+ years, I'm returning to BoB2, largely because I've heard that the campaign game has been fixed. Campaigns are my first love in gaming 8) .

But I want to fly again as well. I'm a TrackIR user, and in addition I bought a Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X joystick just for BoB2.

My question is this. The TM HOTAS stick come in two parts, the "throttle half" and the "joystick half". On the throttle half, in addition to a nice meaty throttle slider, there's also a "rocking button" or "flapper" axis, which Thrustmaster says is intended to serve as a rudder control. This flapper can be bound, via the HOTAS' own controls, to the RZ twist axis on the joystick (allowing either to control the rudder), or "unbound", so that the flapper works independently of the stick twist axis.

What I want to do is this: with the flapper "unbound" from the stick's twist axis, I want to set the flapper to be the ONLY rudder control on the HOTAS, i.e., to de-activate the stick's RZ twist so that it no longer controls the rudder, and use the flapper only for the rudder.

I have been able, in BoB2 itself, to "clear" the RZ twist axis and unbind it from the rudder. But I can't get BoB2 to let me make a new rudder binding to the flapper button.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

[EDIT] Problem solved! No need for a reply, I figured it out.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”