Graphical Artifacts With MSI 1080

new reply
requiem9989
Airman Basic

Graphical Artifacts With MSI 1080

Post by requiem9989 »

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before. I have had BOB2 working for years without too many problems, however recently i'm getting these graphical artifacts appearing (with simultaneous loss of FPS) usually whenever there are lots of particle effects happening. Seems to have made all combat impossible as once bombs and flak start happening these gray polygons start appearing everywhere.

Does anyone know how to overcome this? I have tried many different graphics card and game settings but so far I havent had any luck.

Graphics card is an MSI 1080.

Thanks

JB

ShadowShooter
Senior Airman

Re: Graphical Artifacts With MSI 1080

Post by ShadowShooter »

Hi requiem

Unlike 10 years ago, tech experts are pretty thin on the ground around the forum these days, and I don't claim to be one. But I can at least offer some suggestions.

Number one, I'm sure you've already tried lowering the setting for particle effects, but I may as well mention it. BoB2 is not friendly to high settings there.

Two, a recent driver update for your graphics card might cause this sort of thing. I don't know what version of Windows you're using, but open the Device Manager, find your card there and roll it back to a previous version of driver. Hopefully there will be one available for you to try. [Look it up in Help and Support if you need detailed guidance for the procedure.]

If that doesn't work out, do a detailed web search for forums where people may possibly have discussed similar problems from the perspective of the card or its particular effect on old directx 9 games, or forums for your particular brand of computer. Worth a go phrasing it a few different ways. It's amazing what you can dig up sometimes.

If none of that helps, you could try re-posting the problem in the BoB2 general discussion forum, since many more will see it there. Good luck!

requiem9989
Airman Basic

Post by requiem9989 »

Ok thanks for the info. Doesn't seem to be as bad in campaign missions compared with Instant action scenarios. Might be able to live with it. Seems to only be bad when close to explosions which isn't too often. I cant believe how ahead of its time BoB2 was. There is literally no alternative if you want a realistic WW2 scenario.

JB

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

There is literally no alternative if you want a realistic WW2 scenario.
That's why we still hang around here, and some refuse to give up their Win7 Os's. :)

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”