P-47 rocket tubes

Big, Powerful, and Heavy
new reply
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P-47 rocket tubes

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If its the WOPII P47 you will need the P47 FSX Patch. Also apply the spitfire patch to the spitfire, 109 to 109 and so on.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Also, the rocket tubes can be removed from the 2d panel popup.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The version you have is from the "Wings of Power II" series. Aircraft Power Pack 2 was essentially a re-release of a package titled "World War II Fighters: Special Edition" but it also included one version of the P-40 and a game called Sky Defender.

You have to be careful of which 1.2 patch you have downloaded. There were 1.1 and 1.2 patches for the original Wings of Power Thunderbolt pack (it is not the same product that is on Aircraft Power Pack 2) and one of these two patches introduced the ability to remove the rocket tubes. I believe the Wings of Power II Thunderbolt was concurrently in development when the patch for the first product was released, and hence the rocket tubes icon was included on the Wings of Power II version's two dimensional panel. The Wings of Power II model made its debut on the "WWII Fighters: Special Edition CD-ROM"; essentially this is the version you have.

Later there was a patch specifically for "World War II Fighters: Special Edition" that carried the 1.2 designation. I have this on my harddrive as a zip file named WOP_WWIF_1.2 (but I may have renamed it from the original download name, not sure). I'm guessing that your Aircraft Power Pack 2 installs the WWII Fighters v1.2 models by default, seeing as how the two products were released a year or two apart from each other.

Anyhow, you want this view:

Look in the bottom left corner for the icon that has a slightly different border and color. The picture on the icon is a circle with a stem on the center of an X. (the icon represents a rocket and fins as seen from the rear.)

Very recently a patch for the Wings of Power II Thunderbolt was released specifically to bring it up to FSX visual standards. You can apply this to your APP2 install if you desire.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Hmmm, are you using Vista? I'm just spitballing here...
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 50&t=11547

that's the thread with the WOPII P47 fsx update in it. Assuming you are running the WOPII version?
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"”