WIP of new 190D9 skins & paintkit (template)

The most advanced WWII propellor-driven fighter
new reply
ICDP
BDG & A2A

WIP of new 190D9 skins & paintkit (template)

Post by ICDP »

Hi,

The lack of a Fw190D9 paintkit has prompted me to make my own template and skins. I am currently 90% complete on the template and only have some weathering to do. At the moment I have no way of hosting files (when they are ready) but I will look into it when the skins/template are complete.

Would it be possible for shockwave to host the template/paintkit. I am sure a lot of the Long nose Dora customers would appreciate it. The template was created from scratch using plans and the original skin as a quide.

Here are a few screenshots of my first skin using the new template. Focke-Wulf 190D-9 of Staffelkapitan Hans Dortenmann 4./JG26. March 1945. There are some texture mapping issues such as the yellow stripe on the ECT rack. These are not down to my bad ability :)

Last edited by ICDP on 18 Jun 2006, 10:24, edited 1 time in total.

stickshaker
Senior Airman

Post by stickshaker »

Very nice indeed! Looking forward to it and hope you can find a place to upload.

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

Thanks Stickshaker, I am sure I will be able to upload somwhere. I think FSwarbirds allow uploads.

Minor update.

I have started to add the weathering and am making decent progress. I have also made some changes to the colourscheme to match historical data on this particular aircraft (210003).

This is my first ever template and skin for FS2004, I have only dabbled in skining with IL2 prior to this project. I have a new found respect for the guys who do this kind of thing regularly, it really is a lot of work and effort to do. Having said that I am enjoying working on shockwave's excellent 190D. Here is a screenshot of the latest update, unfortunately JPEG format loses some detail.

THORmx
Senior Airman

Post by THORmx »

looks great! one of these days I should think about picking that plane up!

stickshaker
Senior Airman

Post by stickshaker »

Would Sim Outhouse be an option for uploading? I think they host skins of earlier WoP aircraft.

I like the version with the yellow rudder a bit more than the one with the yellow tail. Will it be possible for you to upload both versions?

THORmx
Senior Airman

Post by THORmx »

upload skins to Avsim?

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

I will use avsim to upload my first skin as shown below. I have completed the template and will also upload it to the same site. Here is a preview of the finished article.

THORmx you should purchase the WoP Fw190 "long nose" package. It is a great aircraft and is the perfect partner... I mean nemesis for the WoP P51 :)

The upload should be ready sometime tomorrow (Wednesday).

THORmx
Senior Airman

Post by THORmx »

ICDP,

What name should we search for tomorrow? I did just get the Long Nose package, but have yet to really fly it!

TonyG
Airman Basic

Post by TonyG »

Great template, just started working on a skin, I'll post a pic when finished :)
Are you working on a Ta 152 template, would cap it off brilliantly
many thanks
Tony

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

TonyG wrote:Great template, just started working on a skin, I'll post a pic when finished :)
Are you working on a Ta 152 template, would cap it off brilliantly
many thanks
Tony
Thanks Tony

I will get a few skins out of the way with the Dora first. Then I will look at the Ta152's :)

Osram
BDG & A2A

Post by Osram »

Beautiful skin(s) :D

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf "Long Nose"”