msfs addons from A2A When?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Re: msfs addons from A2A When?

Post by twsharp12 »

MarcE wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 09:32
tlittle wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 17:47 Will the Comanche have Accusim?
A2A addons have been Accusim-"only" for years. From what Scott told in another thread they bypass even more from the sim than before and extend Accusim a lot.
Yes. It sounds like we are going to version 4 of accu-sim for future development. Only improvements from the previous versions I would imagine.

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

twsharp12 wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 09:51
tlittle wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 17:47 Will the Comanche have Accusim?
A2A addons have been Accusim-"only" for years. From what Scott told in another thread they bypass even more from the sim than before and extend Accusim a lot.
Yes. It sounds like we are going to version 4 of accu-sim for future development. Only improvements from the previous versions I would imagine.
Been having a lot of fun with the JustFlight Arrow, despite all the issues it has. To me (considering i have never flown an Arrow or any of A2A's planes in real life), it's about 80-90% of the way to P3D Accusim in terms of flight dynamics. I cannot wait to see just how much further A2A has managed to push the sim. It's going to be amazing, i'm sure.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

cristi.neagu wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 09:59

Been having a lot of fun with the JustFlight Arrow, despite all the issues it has. To me (considering i have never flown an Arrow or any of A2A's planes in real life), it's about 80-90% of the way to P3D Accusim in terms of flight dynamics. I cannot wait to see just how much further A2A has managed to push the sim. It's going to be amazing, i'm sure.
Yep it really is a joy to fly. But the elevator handles strangely, it hardly has any effect. The yoke moves but the plane doesn't react until a certain yoke position and then it lifts or drops the nose abruptly. Beside that it's a really nice addon.

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

MarcE wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 07:50

Yep it really is a joy to fly. But the elevator handles strangely, it hardly has any effect. The yoke moves but the plane doesn't react until a certain yoke position and then it lifts or drops the nose abruptly. Beside that it's a really nice addon.
All you have said, plus the horrible take off/landing roll behaviour in all planes in MSFS, keeps me away from the sim. I have barely done 10 flights with the JF Arrow, and another 10 flights with the Aerosoft CRJ, but at the end I end up going to my beloved A2A planes and Fslabs Buses.

Raven214
Airman

Post by Raven214 »

twsharp12 wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 14:56
cristi.neagu wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 14:08
Scott - A2A wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 07:53 Just to reiterate, we are working on the Comanche 250 now for FS2020.
Amazing news! Looking forwards to that!

But i have to ask... what about the Aerostar? Even though, to be honest, i'd rather have the Comanche than the Aerostar, personally.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=71896
Forgive me I've been away letting FS2020 mature a bit. However, this doesn't really address the development of the Aerostar for FS2020. It does make sense to "make the jump" to the new sim with a single engine plane (less systems/complexity), but will the Aerostar be on deck after the Comanche? I like twins, and I am trying to remain patient as I wait to fly around the world with Accu-sim.
ImageImageImage

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

avduarri wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 16:15
All you have said, plus the horrible take off/landing roll behaviour in all planes in MSFS, keeps me away from the sim. I have barely done 10 flights with the JF Arrow, and another 10 flights with the Aerosoft CRJ, but at the end I end up going to my beloved A2A planes and Fslabs Buses.
I hear you.. The sim looks so beautiful and with a well done flight model it feels really nice in the air. but landing and takeoff with just a little wind is awful. There are many complaints in the Justflight forum about the takeoff/landing behaviour too but in the end it's probably up to Asobo. It would really be great if A2A could bypass all that stuff and use the sim only as a visual platform.. I'd be in heaven!

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

MarcE wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 12:49

I hear you.. The sim looks so beautiful and with a well done flight model it feels really nice in the air. but landing and takeoff with just a little wind is awful. There are many complaints in the Justflight forum about the takeoff/landing behaviour too but in the end it's probably up to Asobo. It would really be great if A2A could bypass all that stuff and use the sim only as a visual platform.. I'd be in heaven!
I've got this plane too, and it's OK, but not totally as my memory of flying Pipers IRL. As you say, the elevator (stabilator is the proper name on these planes) is behaving improperly, but I can't say if this is JF's flight modelling or the sim itself, given the known issues regarding aircraft behaviour in the sim. But it could also be due to your controller settings within the sim which seems to make controller response adjustment mandatory which you can't really do properly unless you've flown the plane in real life if you want realistic behaviour. This is one of the areas that I think will give A2A some support grief when they eventually release a plane for MSFS.

At present, the best light plane available IMHO is the ATSimulations Piaggio P-149 which is a ripper. And they're now working on the big Antonov biplane, so that may be one to watch for if you're interested. However, for me, if it's not top notch, I won't be spending any more money on the sim until Asobo fix the flight modelling or A2A come out with an offering for the sim, whichever comes first. Past experience dictates that I won't be flying any of the purchases made now once A2A have some of their planes on the market.

Cheers,
Michael
ImageImageImageImage

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Dogsbody55 wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 00:36
MarcE wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 12:49

I've got this plane too, and it's OK, but not totally as my memory of flying Pipers IRL. As you say, the elevator (stabilator is the proper name on these planes) is behaving improperly, but I can't say if this is JF's flight modelling or the sim itself, given the known issues regarding aircraft behaviour in the sim. But it could also be due to your controller settings within the sim which seems to make controller response adjustment mandatory which you can't really do properly unless you've flown the plane in real life if you want realistic behaviour. This is one of the areas that I think will give A2A some support grief when they eventually release a plane for MSFS.

At present, the best light plane available IMHO is the ATSimulations Piaggio P-149 which is a ripper. And they're now working on the big Antonov biplane, so that may be one to watch for if you're interested. However, for me, if it's not top notch, I won't be spending any more money on the sim until Asobo fix the flight modelling or A2A come out with an offering for the sim, whichever comes first. Past experience dictates that I won't be flying any of the purchases made now once A2A have some of their planes on the market.

Cheers,
Michael
Yes stabilator, it moves completely. I' flew a Cherokee years ago but it was an Archer or Archer II and I can't really remember it after all the other planes I've flown. The Piaggio is really great, not sure why I've hangared it, I guess I have to pull it out again :D The AN2 will be great in VR, my friend used to fly one in CZ for years and gave me a copy of their manual/SOP :D I can't wait fopr that one and even the CriCri is really a great fun plane for a short flight after work. But all of them simply lack Accusim. The moment you can forget the engine once you're off the ground has been a huge let down for me since I first got the P47 ^^

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”