A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by MarcE »

So basically either Asobo/MS want to have some quality and get the whole community or they lock it down and go whereever they want without us.

It's sick that after more than a year there still seems to be no clear statement towards addon developers.. heck, they could make these statements within an NDA but at least give the developers something to plan with.. I know for sure that I'll never ever use the ingame marketplace -.-

bucky60
Airman

Post by bucky60 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 05:20 we had no choice to start developing for the US military (and other allied countries).
Good on you for choosing to work with the US Military. Unlike Google that refused to, and then did the exact type of development for CHINA. Where everything is shared with the Chinese Govt and Military.

Scott - A2A wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 05:20 all of which we are 80-90% will end up on the MSFS 2020 platform. if it turns out to not happen (the 10-20% possibility) we will have to take a different path other than MSFS 2020.
Would like to know. Desperately hoping we end up in the 80-90%. If the 10-20% happens, I'll be reversing course and going back to P3D. I refuse to be without the A2A aircraft.
Scott - A2A wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 05:20 We DO expect to know 100% within weeks now, not months.
Glad it's weeks instead of months. Then I'll know whether to spend more on MSFS 2020 or just completely bag it.

This really says a lot about what your customers think of you Scott, and A2A. Keeping my fingers crossed that we hear good news in the coming weeks. Thanks for this post. At least we now know that some news is coming relatively soon.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We are actively developing for P3Dv5 for our military projects. We are also developing an airplane for MSFS2020 using their default tools without Accu-Sim so we are concentrating on the airplane's artwork / appearance. However we want Accu-Sim to work with MSFS2020 and until it does, we won't know 100% what platforms AccuSim will end up on.

Be aware that nothing will stop A2A from developing flight simulations to the level expected of us, regardless of the platform.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

N918JC
Airman

Post by N918JC »

Scott - A2A wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 10:11 We are actively developing for P3Dv5 for our military projects. We are also developing an airplane for MSFS2020 using their default tools without Accu-Sim so we are concentrating on the airplane's artwork / appearance. However we want Accu-Sim to work with MSFS2020 and until it does, we won't know 100% what platforms AccuSim will end up on.

Be aware that nothing or nobody can or will stop A2A from developing flight simulations to the level you have come to expect, regardless of what platforms are available.

Scott
Pardon my saying so Scott, but this sounds a bit like further development of GA aircraft for P3D is probably coming to an end. Hopefully I'm just misunderstanding your meaning. Perhaps you could clarify? I thought you were working on an approach that would allow more parallel development for MSFS and P3D. Is that the case?

I (and I suspect many others) would be very disappointed to see your development of GA aircraft for P3D end.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Jesse
Jesse "JesC"
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3Dv4.5/5.2, Jetline GTX, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB
Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Pedals
A2A C172, C182, Comanche and Bonanza

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Scott - A2A wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 10:11 We are actively developing for P3Dv5 for our military projects. We are also developing an airplane for MSFS2020 using their default tools without Accu-Sim so we are concentrating on the airplane's artwork / appearance. However we want Accu-Sim to work with MSFS2020 and until it does, we won't know 100% what platforms AccuSim will end up on.

Be aware that nothing will stop A2A from developing flight simulations to the level expected of us, regardless of the platform.

Scott
Coincidentally, subLogic Corporation, the original developers of the first desktop flight simulator that eventually became Microsoft Flight Simulator, had a contract in the late 1980s with the U.S. Air Force to develop a desktop formation training simulator for the T-38 undergraduate pilot program. Additionally, subLogic worked on a visual navigation training simulator for the military and advanced cockpit navigation display systems for the FAA. None of the projects ever really came into full long-term fruition, most likely because of technology limitations at the time. subLogic was being run by Bruce Artwick and Stu Moment, having sold all the rights to Flight Simulator to Microsoft.

Here we are in 2021 and A2A simulations is doing what the original developers of Flight Simulator had attempted so long ago without ultimate success. A2A's current military contracts are the real deal and the success garnered with pilot training utilizing A2A software has solidly validated the concept of desktop computer platforms for real-world pilot training. This is no small achievement and speak volumes as to A2A's technological fidelity.

I can't imagine how busy A2A staff must be just servicing the current military contracts they have at this point, but I'm personally thrilled to see the success they've achieved, irregardless of what MSFS2020 brings.

BTW, Stu Moment was an active CFI when he joined Bruce Artwick to start subLogic in the late 1970s. He also holds an aerobatics display certificate and still flies regularly.

Stu Moment on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006570406747

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I flew my A2A Civ Mustang this evening, practicing T&Gs at my home base, then running out to KORS for a burger. Dunno about you guys, but I need to practice with my A2A aircraft, in order to remain current.

If A2A were suddenly to make a giant break-through and suddenly move all their aircraft over to MSFS, I'd probably 1) buy a new Jetline 'puter, then 2) re-buy all my A2A fleet for the new sim, and then drive on.

MEANWHILE, I don't really give a bleep. I'll just keep on flying my A2A machines (and my MJ C-47) and be perfectly happy. Come to think of it, during this evening's flight, not once did I think about the scenery that was passing under my P-51. I was more focused on the wind direction, and my approach to Rwy 16. I really wanted to land in the first third of the runway, with zero bounce. ACHIEVED!

FSX, P3D, MSFS. That is all a secondary factor. A2A is where it's at.

OK, I gotta go out and barbecue some dead animal flesh.

Seeya
ATB

alexhepworth
Airman

Post by alexhepworth »

Scott - A2A wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 10:11 We are actively developing for P3Dv5 for our military projects.
I would think the military would be extremely interested in using MSFS 2020 as a base over any other platform. They would be able to perform exercises anywhere in the world, giving the military pilots a more realistic experience. We have Orbx TrueEarth in P3D and X-Plane, but there's no TrueEarth for areas of the globe with the potential for actual military action.

Maybe A2A should ask their military clients to go and have a good long (rough) talk with the... 3rd party... You know, rough 'em up a bit.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I think if the US military had a need for very accurate desk top scenery in some world danger spot they could get it in P3D if they wanted to do it that way and we would never see it or hear about it, probably.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

N918JC wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 15:29

Be aware that nothing or nobody can or will stop A2A from developing flight simulations to the level you have come to expect, regardless of what platforms are available.

Scott
Pardon my saying so Scott, but this sounds a bit like further development of GA aircraft for P3D is probably coming to an end. Hopefully I'm just misunderstanding your meaning. Perhaps you could clarify? I thought you were working on an approach that would allow more parallel development for MSFS and P3D. Is that the case?

I (and I suspect many others) would be very disappointed to see your development of GA aircraft for P3D end.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Jesse
No idea where people constantly read some end of P3D development in whatever devs say.. With no word Scott indicates ANYthing like that. Rather the opposite: do military customers rather use MSFS or P3D?

alexhepworth
Airman

Post by alexhepworth »

bullfox wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 17:29 I think if the US military had a need for very accurate desk top scenery in some world danger spot they could get it in P3D if they wanted to do it that way and we would never see it or hear about it, probably.
Don't you see what I'm trying to do here? We need huge fit guys in military attire to... persuade... the "third party" into making Accusim compatibility a priority.

N918JC
Airman

Post by N918JC »

MarcE wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 17:44

No idea where people constantly read some end of P3D development in whatever devs say.. With no word Scott indicates ANYthing like that. Rather the opposite: do military customers rather use MSFS or P3D?
What "devs" say does matter. I was just asking for some clarification about future development of GA aircraft for P3D. No need to read more than that into my question.

Jesse (aka "people")
Jesse "JesC"

CorV-8
Airman Basic

Post by CorV-8 »

For my part I feel a bit in-between sims and MSFS2020 has both helped and hurt. I have left P3D behind (for better and worse) and miss all my A2A aircraft terribly but can't go back to the old graphics even though MSFS2020 has many of its own shortcomings. I especially miss my Comanche. :(

I'd be happy to buy a 'lite' version of any of the A2A products and I thought at various points in time A2A considered releasing 'lite' products; I thought the old Aircraft Factory products were just that but maybe I am mistaken.

If it comes to having nothing, or a lite-version of any of the A2A aircraft I'd much rather have something than nothing. An upgrade later to a full Accu-Sim version when/if it became available I would be happy to pay for.
I think we also have some A2A aircraft that never saw the light of day for the general public for the same reason and I am a bit sad that a lower-fidelity version was never released.

I think A2A's rep can stay intact with lower-fidelity versions of some of the aircraft, especially if they are just branded appropriately. I know it's unlikely things will change, so I'll continue to hope this unknown hurdle will be overcome sooner rather than later as while I enjoy MSFS2020 overall there is still a big hole that won't be filled for me until I am flying A2A aircraft there again, especially my Comanche. :|

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Just to clarify regarding what platforms we will be developing on moving forward. These are our three considerations:

1. We need Accu-Sim to be working with MSFS2020, then test both MSFS2020 and P3D to verify the numbers are correct and consistent between these two platforms.
2. Developing 3D models for MSFS2020 is more different to P3D than P3D is to FSX. This means less shared work between platforms.
3. How strong P3D and MSFS2020 will each be

#3 is perhaps the biggest one. If / once we have Accu-Sim working in MSFS2020 we will then estimate each platform's future in the non-commercial/training market.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

N918JC
Airman

Post by N918JC »

Scott - A2A wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 04:43 Just to clarify regarding what platforms we will be developing on moving forward. These are our three considerations:
Thanks for the clarification, Scott. That seems pretty clear.

The best with your ventures.

Jesse
Jesse "JesC"

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

My simming goes back to FS2000. I find P3D and yes, even Xplane 11 amazing along side that start. Even FSX Steam is enjoyable to me. MS put their new sim in a Big Brother type of umbrella in that you need Live to use it. I don't really want to be in their web. I have control over P3D, Xplane 11, and even Steam to a point. I don't need to use FSX on Steams network and there are a million ways to make the sim uniquely mine for my expectations of Aviation Simming and most of those million ways work in P3D as well. Xplane 11 is also independent. No, I have no desire to meet MS's criteria for entry.
Also, MS will never get training or academic credentials for FS2020 as long as it's marketed for entertainment. They would have to create a training version with a licensing structure that is totally stable. They are a long way from that.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”