Will P3D Be Abandoned?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Will P3D Be Abandoned?

Post by GaryRR »

As the topic says, with MSFS hot on the future will A2A cease work on P3D offerings.

Thanks

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Will P3D Be Abandoned?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Let me just copy what I answered to someone on discord recently with the same sort of question as its not quite black and white;
It is likely we will be continuing to look forward for the consumer market so MSFS and what not. However unlike other consumer only developers, because of our flight training projects, Military work etc then we will be continuing our work in P3D, this means that there is a chance that some new product may well end up on P3Dvxx whichever version is in use at the time.
thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

I would Love to see a Twin Commanche or an Electra 18.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

I really hope they do keep developing for P3D.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Since I built my new computer in May of this year I estimate I spend about an hour a day in P3D along with time spent on flight sim forums. So roughly 200 hours this year. I have added well over a terabyte of scenery and other flight sim software. P3D had the development field to itself long enough that there are a lot of add on products out there, many to be bought at sale prices. So it will be viable for a long time even if LM gives up on it

Long after Microsoft abandoned FSX we were all flying in it and spending money on it. What happens with P3D, MSFS, and even X plane depends mostly on how long they stay profitable.

I will probably try MSFS some time next year but for me the need to connect to the internet to run MSFS is a major negative. We will just have to see how it goes.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

bullfox wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 11:30 Since I built my new computer in May of this year I estimate I spend about an hour a day in P3D along with time spent on flight sim forums. So roughly 200 hours this year. I have added well over a terabyte of scenery and other flight sim software. P3D had the development field to itself long enough that there are a lot of add on products out there, many to be bought at sale prices. So it will be viable for a long time even if LM gives up on it

Long after Microsoft abandoned FSX we were all flying in it and spending money on it. What happens with P3D, MSFS, and even X plane depends mostly on how long they stay profitable.

I will probably try MSFS some time next year but for me the need to connect to the internet to run MSFS is a major negative. We will just have to see how it goes.
For me MSFS drawback is to be under their UMBRELLA just to even use it. Sure, I have FSX-SE but Steam is a very, very small umbrella compared to Microsoft who also happens to own my OS. I will never get an Xbox product. I'm a student pilot, aviation enthusiast, and simmer. Not a gamer. Why should I have to be in MS's games community to use one product that isn't really even a game?

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

And even if you get the Steam version, you still get logged in to Microsoft’s XBox gaming stuff. It’s unavoidable with FS2020. Just anecdotally and this can change at any time, but folks seem to have fewer issues with the Steam version which seems to be a result of complying with how Steam sets up directories for applications. I don’t have direct experience with the Microsoft store install so might want to check with others who do, especially if they have tried to move it to a new drive. That’s really easy with the Steam version.
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I bought the Microsoft Store version. I didn't have an XBOX Live account prior and as far as I know I still don't. I only had to use my Microsoft user account (my Windows account) to purchase and download. There hasn't been any upselling or XBOX notifications or anything; MSFS simply exists and it has its in-game marketplace for addons.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”