A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by MarcE »

Well, concerning stability: P3D is constantly moving, at a speed and in a way that several developers have totally stopped fixing for example lighting issues. Cockpits are too dark, landing lights almost invisible.. Therefore I suggest using P3Dv4 and stay there, it's stable. Don't expect good performance with that badly optimized single core stuff or beautiful graphics, but I think you won't care anyway. And for computer stability I have at least one CTD due to any dll issue in P3D per week, I have just had my first ever CTD in MSFS due to an old sound driver. One! Spreading this MSFS hating nonsense is getting old, really. The sim we got in summer 2020 and the sim we have now are two different programs, entirely. While people were barely able to fly at steady 30FPS in the early days I have 70FPS in ULTRA settings in 2160p setting and 90% rendering size now and can set a totally stable VSync at 60 :D NO stutters. love it.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Unless P3Dv6 brings something big to the table, it's going to be dead for add-ons for us regular consumers.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Likely yes. Today‘s Q&A at Asobo is absolutely amazing. They turn this sim into a real airflow simulation.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

When is Scott going to respond with something here?

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Les Parson wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 18:16 When is Scott going to respond with something here?
He's busy making a list of all the aircraft suggestions.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

MarcE wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 17:24 Likely yes. Today‘s Q&A at Asobo is absolutely amazing. They turn this sim into a real airflow simulation.
Yeah, the airflow/physics simulation it looking ever more impressive. The 3D modelling of the new aircraft looks sublime as well - the Fokker's wooden propeller was gorgeous. Yet, the mechanical engine/systems modelling and failure simulations are sadly going nowhere at all. A2A is our only hope!

I keep eyeing up the Carenado aircraft, the Twotter, the Kodiak, but I know they will all feel dull and sterile without Accu-Sim... so what's the point, I'll save myself the disappointment :wink:

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Mustang wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 19:05
MarcE wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 17:24 Likely yes. Today‘s Q&A at Asobo is absolutely amazing. They turn this sim into a real airflow simulation.
Yeah, the airflow/physics simulation it looking ever more impressive. The 3D modelling of the new aircraft looks sublime as well - the Fokker's wooden propeller was gorgeous. Yet, the mechanical engine/systems modelling and failure simulations are sadly going nowhere at all. A2A is our only hope!

I keep eyeing up the Carenado aircraft, the Twotter, the Kodiak, but I know they will all feel dull and sterile without Accu-Sim... so what's the point, I'll save myself the disappointment :wink:
Absolutely, I almost only fly the DC-6. Sometimes here and there, I‘ve got the Kodiak and the FlyingIron Spitfire, both are really good. Sure, far from Accusim. IMO the Kodiak is too sensitive on the elevator and the Spit is hangared because I can‘t use VR at the moment. I can‘t stand flying warbirds in pancake mode :D but I built a new PC and my new graphic card doesn‘t have DVI anymore so I‘m stuck with one monitor currently 🤣

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

MarcE wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 03:43 Absolutely, I almost only fly the DC-6. Sometimes here and there, I‘ve got the Kodiak and the FlyingIron Spitfire, both are really good. Sure, far from Accusim. IMO the Kodiak is too sensitive on the elevator and the Spit is hangared because I can‘t use VR at the moment. I can‘t stand flying warbirds in pancake mode :D but I built a new PC and my new graphic card doesn‘t have DVI anymore so I‘m stuck with one monitor currently 🤣
I also have the Kodiak and I have to say I enjoy it greatly. And since I don’t have any real world Turbo prop experience it feels somewhat real to me.
With the position engines it’s a bit different. The Stock DA40 and DA62 with the mod available on FlightSim.to are pretty good. Certainly not Accusim level but hey. At this time I’m taking what I can get.
And the DC-6 is definitely the best addon for MSFS atm in my opinion.

So please Scott push PMDG off the throne with the Comanche already 😉
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

The Kodiak IS great, no doubt. But when I‘m on approach at 80 or so knots and I pull back and the nose points 70 degrees up within a second something isn‘t right. Of course nobody is doing that but my elevator with the Honeycomb alpha is simply too sensitive and I can‘t set up curves for every airplane I fly. The curve should be a straight line not y=x^3

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

MarcE wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 04:35 The Kodiak IS great, no doubt. But when I‘m on approach at 80 or so knots and I pull back and the nose points 70 degrees up within a second something isn‘t right. Of course nobody is doing that but my elevator with the Honeycomb alpha is simply too sensitive and I can‘t set up curves for every airplane I fly. The curve should be a straight line not y=x^3
I hear what you’re saying and I agree.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Very interesting comments on this thread. I agree that MSFS2020 is a great simulator, but I think it is still in development, not ready yet. Example, with DC-6 after touchdown it takes so long time to stop. This happens with Boeing as well. There are several switches from Cockpit not working as intended. So, for right now I guess MFS is more like an Arcade game than a simulator (lol). MFS has beautiful sceneries graphics to fly around but with issues as said.
I think A2A, PMDG and other Developers will release an Aircraft for MFS when the simulator is stable. I have the CS-767 installed in MFS and working like a 747. So, I don't think A2A will release a Bird working with 747 gauges as CS-767.
Better stay with P3D until MFS becomes ready as a simulator, hopefully soon.
Pat

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

MarcE wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 04:35 The Kodiak IS great, no doubt. But when I‘m on approach at 80 or so knots and I pull back and the nose points 70 degrees up within a second something isn‘t right. Of course nobody is doing that but my elevator with the Honeycomb alpha is simply too sensitive and I can‘t set up curves for every airplane I fly. The curve should be a straight line not y=x^3
Let's not go overboard. The Kodiak isn't 'Great'. It pretty good yes, but you can't flare it properly. It will plonk the nose wheel down when it sees fit and I don't care what speed you're landing at. What it does do is provide a smooth landing every time. This of course makes everyone feel good.

Just so you know, I'm not a Kodiak hater, in fact I fly it a lot.

Fulcrum yoke btw, so I can pull it right back into the rear seats!
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Ron Attwood wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 13:10
Let's not go overboard. The Kodiak isn't 'Great'. It pretty good yes, but you can't flare it properly. It will plonk the nose wheel down when it sees fit and I don't care what speed you're landing at. What it does do is provide a smooth landing every time. This of course makes everyone feel good.

Just so you know, I'm not a Kodiak hater, in fact I fly it a lot.

Fulcrum yoke btw, so I can pull it right back into the rear seats!

As long as there is no Accusim reference in MSFS I must call it so 😜 The pitch behaviour is off, as I said.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

trisho0 wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 11:34 Very interesting comments on this thread. I agree that MSFS2020 is a great simulator, but I think it is still in development, not ready yet. Example, with DC-6 after touchdown it takes so long time to stop. This happens with Boeing as well. There are several switches from Cockpit not working as intended. So, for right now I guess MFS is more like an Arcade game than a simulator (lol). MFS has beautiful sceneries graphics to fly around but with issues as said.
I think A2A, PMDG and other Developers will release an Aircraft for MFS when the simulator is stable. I have the CS-767 installed in MFS and working like a 747. So, I don't think A2A will release a Bird working with 747 gauges as CS-767.
Pat
When you purchase the CS 767 it‘s your own fault and nobody can help you, it has been known from the start what you‘d get. The rest is utter nonsense. The PMDG DC6 behaves as outlined in the POH. It has brakes and a reverse and both work well.
Asobo has already updated several of their default aircraft to fly by the book, they work as intended. Others will follow. Your information seems to be a year old, maybe update it?

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

MarcE wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 14:55
trisho0 wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 11:34 Very interesting comments on this thread. I agree that MSFS2020 is a great simulator, but I think it is still in development, not ready yet. Example, with DC-6 after touchdown it takes so long time to stop. This happens with Boeing as well. There are several switches from Cockpit not working as intended. So, for right now I guess MFS is more like an Arcade game than a simulator (lol). MFS has beautiful sceneries graphics to fly around but with issues as said.
Pat
When you purchase the CS 767 it‘s your own fault and nobody can help you, it has been known from the start what you‘d get. The rest is utter nonsense. The PMDG DC6 behaves as outlined in the POH. It has brakes and a reverse and both work well.
Asobo has already updated several of their default aircraft to fly by the book, they work as intended. Others will follow. Your information seems to be a year old, maybe update it?
Your aircraft may work as you like but mine nope. MFS is updated and still some switches not working as several updates ago. Maybe next update can fix it. I have PMDG DC-6, Carenado PA44 Seminole and Redwing L-1049 Super Constellation, all stop too late after touchdown. So, I keep MFS in the Hangar waiting for A2A planes or another PMDG. Their future release will be a sign for me that MFS is ready to go as a simulator.
Pat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”