Is there a chance to see accusim radial engines make a comeback in MSFS ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Re: Is there a chance to see accusim radial engines make a comeback in MSFS ?

Post by Mantock »

Very welcome Styggron!

Currently I'm researching the Bristol Britannia, and I'm half stunned why we don't have ANY rendition of the Britannia in any flight sim. Apart from XP10 I think and FS2004.
The more I learn about it the more I think it's just up our street. It had its quirks, but the amazing thing about it was it's range. I just heard that it made a return flight from New York to Tel Aviv on a proving run non stop!!! (El Al proving run)
ImageImage

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Mantock.
I worked on the RAF 100/200 series britannia`s at RAF Briz Norton between 1970-1975 , and was the first SAC to do a britannia electical course and pass exam with over 90% , previous min requirments for this course was a Junior Tech , i still have my notes from that course .
And i just looked up that EL-ALL non stop flight , and i wonder if they had extra fuel tanks than normal , or had a good tailwind , because the distance is more then the max specified range of the britannia , As Quoted by wikipedia .

Performance

Maximum speed: 397 mph (639 km/h, 345 kn) [86]
Cruise speed: 357 mph (575 km/h, 310 kn) at 22,000 ft (6,706 m)
Range: 4,430 mi (7,130 km, 3,850 nmi)
Service ceiling: 24,000 ft (7,300 m) .
regards Alan. 8)

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Hi Alan,

Very interesting! It could have been a 300?

https://www.israelairlinemuseum.org/el- ... 20airliner.

By the way, would you know where I could procure the blueprints to the 312 Britannia?

I was thinking of trying to model it in 3D software and see if I could tinker with it in the MSFS platform.

Regards,
-Peter M
ImageImage

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Peter.
Bristol Britannia was made at Bristol and under licence at Shorts Belfast , you could try asking them or try the museum where they have a Britannia on display , or try google , a canadian firm made the CL44 cargo version with different engines and cockpit windows otherwise it was the same as the britannia if i remember correctly .
Regrads Alan. 8)

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Hi,

Yea, thought of that. Problem is I don't know how far I would get as a single entity asking for the blueprints to something like that when I'm not even an official developer!

Might we see an Accusim Bristol Britannia 312 in the future dear A2A? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Mantock wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 06:26 Very welcome Styggron!

Currently I'm researching the Bristol Britannia, and I'm half stunned why we don't have ANY rendition of the Britannia in any flight sim. Apart from XP10 I think and FS2004.
The more I learn about it the more I think it's just up our street. It had its quirks, but the amazing thing about it was it's range. I just heard that it made a return flight from New York to Tel Aviv on a proving run non stop!!! (El Al proving run)
Hello Mantock,
Really enjoyed your last 2 streams with the B377 long haul....... brilliant.
I have FS2004 still, in fact I have all the flight sims since it was subLogic Flight Simulator 2 on the C64, I will have a look. I will check if it would still work in Windows 10, but also I read I could just copy the aircraft folder from FS2004 into FSX as the two are very close as FSX was 2006 and this is what I still use now. I had XP10 but got rid of it after it took 4-5 hours to install from DVDs and took soooooooooooo long to configure the joystick so I never bothered with XP11. I'm sticking with FSX because I will NEVER give up my A2A / Aircraft Factory fleet.

The Bristol does look so beautiful. Only spotted a few freeware ones like on avsim etc. I don't see it listed in FS9 though (is FS2004 - Century of Flight)

Vintage planes have character :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”