June update 2010

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Re: June update 2010

Post by polluxware »

I think it's pointless to ask a lot of boring plane - > i mean... you can fly with a warbird for a one week period -> then it will be getting so simple (after you've learned it how to use it properly)

bomber plane -> same, but maybe you can use it as a hauler plane
B26, B29 Bwhatever

if i think about the lateWW2 era planes -> P-38, or P-39 what is really missing (P-38 mosdeff)

B-17 is well enough

I think it's te concentrate to the "Wing of Silver" planes..

V35 Bonanza -> it tells everything about civilian VFR/IFR flights -> with a little hangar, 3types of oil grade, a full manageble Lycoming engine, and some new accu features to feel how expensive the flying with low budget
(i thinking about a real money related ACCUSIM-AVGAS fule thing) ;)
some structural damage, battery life cycle, AND!!!!! if it can be made -> dynamic painting (time to time the paint will be worn out, or just will be dirty) -> ACCUSIM-pCleaning feature

another category

civil airhauler with vintages

If someone saw the "ICE PILOTS" series..

C-46 Commando at Yellowknife (Buffalo airways)

dirt, oil, cold stormy weather, always need to fix something

I think that's it... cause another areas of FSX flying are done

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

A B-29 would be awesome. The more obscure B-50 would be awesome as well. With their experience already with the 377 they already have some systems done. What about a B-29/B-50 package?

An Accusim Gooney bird would be amazing too. Really looking foward to the P-51 :D
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

CathyH
Senior Airman

Post by CathyH »

pilottj wrote:A B-29 would be awesome. The more obscure B-50 would be awesome as well. With their experience already with the 377 they already have some systems done. What about a B-29/B-50 package?

An Accusim Gooney bird would be amazing too. Really looking foward to the P-51 :D
Go one better B29/B50 Tu-4. The Russian Reverse engineered B-29, the first Russian Nuclear Bomber
cathy

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

polluxware wrote:I think it's pointless to ask a lot of boring plane - > i mean... you can fly with a warbird for a one week period -> then it will be getting so simple (after you've learned it how to use it properly)
Not to steal your thunder or anything, but I only own FSX to fly WWII era fighters. The B-17G is fun (I also liked Heavy Bombers & Jets for FS2004) and I enjoy a spin in the A2A Piper Cub, but that's really about as much as I am willing to deviate -- I even consider the Acceleration F-51D a bit too contemporary for my tastes. ;) The AccuSim P-47D remains my favorite FSX aircraft, followed closely by the WoP2 P-51D and the Warbirdsim P-51B/C pack. An A2A Simulations AccuSim product that brings more realism, features and options to my Mustang flying experience will be highly welcomed on my simming computer!

BTW, my first forays into civil flight simming was a Flight Simulator 98. I quickly learned how to port the Combat Flight Simulator P-51D into FS98 and I flew that plane all over the virtual world.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

keith_uk
Senior Airman

Post by keith_uk »

B-29 its is then :D

I'm sure 1000's of people will buy an A2A B-29.

Keith.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

keith_uk wrote:B-29 its is then :D
You meant B-26, right? :D ("Now if six turned out to nine, I don't mind...I don''t mind...")
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

MustanGrande
Airman First Class

Post by MustanGrande »

I have to say, I fall rather squarely into the big, multi-engined piston category. Prior to the B17, my favorite plane in FSX was the DC-3. An accusim pack for that plane would be brilliant. Or, for originality's sake, what about a P-61 Black Widow?

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Post by Erlk0enig »

Dear A2A Team,

I am really eager to get my hands on your new P-51, this is going to be a milestone and will be unrivalled, I think. Hopefully, it will also feature the persistant oil / fuel / coolant levels apart from saved flights, like your latest Accusim B-17.

However, how are the chances to get a version implemented withou the big, clumsy gunsight? Nobody would fly around with this thing in front of his nose today...

Regards,
E.
Best Regards,
Ralf

R9 7900 X, 64 GB DDR5, RTX4090, HP Reverb G2

mos2net
Senior Airman

Post by mos2net »

Erlk0enig wrote:Dear A2A Team,

I am really eager to get my hands on your new P-51, this is going to be a milestone and will be unrivalled, I think. Hopefully, it will also feature the persistant oil / fuel / coolant levels apart from saved flights, like your latest Accusim B-17.

However, how are the chances to get a version implemented withou the big, clumsy gunsight? Nobody would fly around with this thing in front of his nose today...

Regards,
E.
"clumsy gunsight?" ??

Well I like it, and I would like it even more, if I could figure out, where the gun-cross/sight-value, was to find in the "PANEL.cfg".
Then I would change it with the freeware F-16 Hud, and have all the information I want for a Reno race, op front in the Hud (not with the accusim version to come)but I hope I can keep the A2A default version along with the accusim)
Any advice ?
mos

pittnuma
Airman

Post by pittnuma »

Hi guys,

Any more pics of the F-4 in the offing at all?
--

Darren
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

S.Alva
Senior Airman

Post by S.Alva »

Hi,

You have done a lot of nice American airplanes, why not a big brother to the spitfire? a landcaster, It would be awsome ;)

Best regards
Stefan
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

How about a bird from the prewar/golden age era...racers ala GeeBees or S6bs, early warbirds...ala Peashooters, end of the biplane era ala P-6Es...or even WW1 birds...would a relatively easy transition for the stick n rudder Cub pilots. Lots of great airplanes from that era :)

CHeers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

MustanGrande
Airman First Class

Post by MustanGrande »

I just thought of another one. What about a Beech 18? Seems to be a rather widely respected plane, big radial engines to manage, and plenty of different configurations.

Treetop64
Airman First Class

Post by Treetop64 »

I'm sure Scott and crew are enjoying our "fantasy plane wish-list" discussion. :lol:

While we're on the subject, I'd like to see any one of the below:

> Grumman F3F-2
> Any of the Grumman F4F series
> Grumman F7F
> Lockheed Electra, including the one-off pressurized version
> Yakovlev Yak-1, -9, and -3 series (notwithstanding the lack of data for the Klimovs and surviving wooden airframes)
> LaGG-3 series (again with the Klimovs and wooden airframes)
> Lavochkin La-5 through La-9 (the "wood" again from the early types)

I know it's unlikely we'll see any of these, but it's fun to dream!
It's a measure of how good these guys at A2A are that so many requests are made.
ImageImageImage

keith_uk
Senior Airman

Post by keith_uk »

Keith :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”