Spartan 7W

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Spartan 7W

Post by pjc747 »

I have a great suggestion that should undoubtedly be fulfilled by A2A!!! The Spartan Executive! The Spartan is one of the coolest aircraft ever made, and the most beautiful single ever made. If A2A were to make this as an add-on it would be an amazing priduct and a success. Although there are freeware Spartans they don't match what a payware gives you, let alone A2A. So please consider this suggestion, it would be awesome!

Raebo
Airman First Class

Re: Spartan 7W

Post by Raebo »

I couldn't agree more this was the best looking single of all time. In my opinion.
Another good reason to consider this aircraft is that it would be a good fit to add to the "Wings of Silver Series".
Its from that era and it is civilian.
Also FSX has many great short runways around the world.
I particularly don't want to fly single purpose war birds in 2011 that have no real purpose other than bombing something, or air show fly in's.
But thats just me, I have nothing but praise for A2A's Wings Of Power.
They are miles ahead of every other warbird factory out there.
I also respect everyone who fly's them as they must love them like I dearly love my Strat.
The fact that we all love airplanes is the common thread that binds all of us together.
I fly the Strat because she is not only eye candy gorgeous but in 2011 she still would have had a realistic purpose of flying passengers, and freight around many parts of the world still earning her keep.
So back to the Spartan 7W.
It's a single, it has a radial, it's a small comfortable executive single that would allow its users to enjoy the other 80% of FSX that most of us always fly over.
The short runway part of FSX that I never see anymore.
If it's not A2A I won't fly it, I'm spoiled I guess.
The rest of my fleet is in storage, they simply are not that interesting anymore.
The Cub is a nice popular airplane but it is not a long hauler or a bad weather airplane.
The civilian Wings Of Silver side of A2A needs a new addition guys.
Throw us civvies a bone, any bone.

Most sincerely

Raebo
Nvidia GTX - 980Ti Titan.

Seidon 240M liquid CPU cooler.

Intel i7-4770K, Asus Z87-pro.

Samsung- 840 EVO Sata III TLC SSD.

Trident X series 32GB (4x8)

Kingwin 1000- watt 80+ Bronze Power supply.

Asus - PB278 2560x1440 HDMI Monitor.

Raebo
Airman First Class

Post by Raebo »

Here is a great site to learn more about the Spartan 7W.

http://www.spartan7w.com/

Raebo

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Yes I agree with you fully! The Spartan is a beautiful aircraft. I enjoy my B-17, it is extremely accurate an amazing model and makes me want to fly only that, sadly it big and bulky and not your real crusier. The only wings of silver they have is the cub, too slow for long trips or productive weekend flying (I'm a student and that's my main thing little flying in 2 days a week). The stratocrusier looks great, but I received the Just Flight Constalltion professional and it is a nice model, not as good as A2A but why do I need two big propliners?? I have the Spartan by Milton Shupe, it is nice for a freeware, but the sounds get mixed up allot, the tailwheel doesn't move when you turn (although turning is efficent). You can' manually start the engine, for the wobble pump was left out of the model and I don't like ctrl+e. This plane would be an amazing aircraft is done by A2A. Great dynamics, great detail, great sound, nice belnd of speed, slower cruising, short field performance, and the best thing to show off your system to friends!!!! With this kind of aircraft, we can enter the realms of classic, vintage aircraft and still keep up with Barons, Columbia 400's and still fly low and slow. Please A2A make this beauty!!!

R4360
Airman
Location: Greenwich, Greater London, United Kingdoms of Great Britain and North Ireland.

Post by R4360 »

This aircraft would quite enthrall my aerodrome of virtual. I would fly this quite often if made, alongside my Spitfire. This would be wuite dashing if created by such a prestigeous producer such as A2A. Cheers for their hopefull accepting this great idea!

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

The Spartan is a beautiful airplane, and those are some good points regarding more Wings of Silver instead of miltary. Also, the aircraft should be still in use somewhere and flexible in terms of where in the MSFS world it can be used. However, I am still in favor of round engines, fast, and long range.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Yes. There are currently 26 registered airworthy SPartan Executives flying. This is approximated because of the FAA's old, lousy record online. This would be a great legacy aircraft. I love radials! That Pratt & Whitney R-985 is like none other!

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

A2A does not generally have an interest in making civy aircraft.

Quit trying to force A2A into something it isn't.
Snuffy

R4360
Airman
Location: Greenwich, Greater London, United Kingdoms of Great Britain and North Ireland.

Post by R4360 »

I'd kindly beg to differ! A2A has manufactured both the Stratocruiser and the Piper Cub, both civil planes, the Stratocruiser being quite obscure!! The Spartan Executive is a single, radial engined, passenger transport from the 1930's. With the engien it has, plus the vintage look and nostalgic feel, I beleive it is right down A2A's alley. Besides, the Spartan was used as a military VIP transport during the war. I'd sure hope they make it!

Raebo
Airman First Class

Post by Raebo »

Snuffy
Post subject: Re: Spartan 7WPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:03 am

Senior Master Sergeant

A2A does not generally have an interest in making civy aircraft.

Quit trying to force A2A into something it isn't.

I was unaware you have been hired on to be the new the A2A spokesperson.
Congratulations.
Just so all of us are properly and fully briefed I would like to hear that statement from a veteran A2A senior employee, you know just checking no offence.
If true?
Then you would be right wouldn't you.
I would like you to tell me which one of the two civil aircraft they have made that A2A feels that they were forced into producing and by whom?
Companies usually do what makes them the most money, simple.
I also believe you would be very surprised on how many copies of the B-377 were sold to predominantly Wings of Power users vrs how many Wings of Silver users have ever bought a Wings of Power plane.
I don't believe its an us or them issue, I believe its an us issue.

Raebo

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Come on guys please don't fight here.
Remember all of us are friends or friendly here.
I was actually surprised when A2ASimulations came out with civilian aircraft add ons just a couple of years past.
I have no issue at all with that as it attracts civilian flight sim users who might also be interested in some of the classic warbirds as well as vise versa.I think that it was a very smart move on their part to include both classic vintage warplanes and classic vintage civilian aircraft.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

R4360
Airman

Post by R4360 »

The Spartan here can apply as both. See, it was used as a military VIP transport during the war, has a radial engine, which by the way, A2A makes the best of those delightful round engines. They have the experience, making my favourite engine, teh R4360, and the R2800. They are lovely engines, I'd miss teatime just to get a chance to start one up! Let's say hooray for another civilian plane or two, with of course, radial engines only!!!

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Hmmm mixed feelings, I have a feeling that the people not wanting the Spartan neutralize those who do.

R4360
Airman

Post by R4360 »

I would still love to see one of these beauties, althouhg many of you wouldn't. By Golly, a character like Heidi would fit in just swell, I mean, she could be made as an executive person, like a CEO (as a dude too) and she could sit in the back and judge how you're flying her around. Boy this plane would be so much fun, with that awesome raidal engine, pulling only 500rpms at idle, it would be more fun than my beloved Spitfire. I sure hope they consider some day. I mean, 1936 it flew only 3 days after than Spitfire, so she's right in the timeframe of A2A Simulations. Please consider.

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Post by Erlk0enig »

Where is the challenge, besides having a passenger with you which is telling you how he or she thinks you are flying? Is there something special about this airplane? Is there some kind of complex engine management? Is the engine a bitch like an early merlin or something? Is this airplane especially difficult to fly or even to land?

If most of the answers are "no", I doubt A2A will make an aircraft like this Spartan. You say, it would be more fun than flying the spitfire, but I think you would be wrong. It would soon become boring after a couple of hours when you figured it out.

Just my 2 cents: No flying sofas please :wink:
Best Regards,
Ralf

R9 7900 X, 64 GB DDR5, RTX4090, HP Reverb G2

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”