Warbird Pinup Girls

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Warbird Pinup Girls

Post by Fragmentum »

Just found out they are devoting the entire 2013 calander to the P-51 Mustang!!! http://warbirdpinups.com/

i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Re: Warbird Pinup Girls

Post by CharlieP51 »

Nice post and link too. The models (of course) are dated in thier attire (or lack of it) ..I found that somwhat distressing. In this decade many feminists (both ladies and gentlemen) would complain that this nose art is female exploitation. Still I made it from Jan to Dec...just did order my 2013 Official Madonna calendar. She perforrmed here in Vegas a few weeks ago..."There's only ONE queen..." TY for sharing

Happy SKIES to ALL
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

It isn't exploitation of the 'female' if the said females are volunteering to do it. This world was better prior to PC.

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

pjc747 wrote:It isn't exploitation of the 'female' if the said females are volunteering to do it. This world was better prior to PC.

Well pjc747, I can't say I'm the world's biggest fan of PC, but you have to understand where it came from. Even in the 80's women were being whistled at in the workplace, patted on the rear by ugly old men, etc. That needed to change. I agree that in the 90's things seemed to go over the top. Still, I get the impression that younger people don't fully understand how it used to be if you weren't a white male. It is somewhat appalling to me to think that even in the early 70's women had to get permission from their husband to have a credit card. Nowadays, on the other hand, it seems like a lot of men have to get permission from the woman to spend 30 bucks on a measly flight sim airplane or else! There is a term for that, but I won't say it here, because it wouldn't be PC. :wink:

Gotta go now, I'm being summoned...
Last edited by bigjuicyspider on 21 Nov 2012, 23:46, edited 2 times in total.
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

We live in a world of extremes, where the pendulum swings back and fourth. When one extreme exists, it means that in the not to distant past, the other extreme existed.

'PC' is nothing new. 'PC' has been around pretty much the entire history of civilization lol. You are forbidden from doing or saying 'blah blah' because might offend __________ (king, emperor, religious figure/institution, etc). They even burned you at the stake if you dared to express belief in a different religious figurehead...talk about having to really be politically correct :shock: Que Monty Python Spanish Inqusition joke.

The Star Trek pilot 'The Cage' was rejected. The TV watching public at the time apparently wasn't ready to see a woman acting as first officer of a starship. Ironically Trek has had a long history of having female characters in skimpy or tight clothing, but it was a trailblazing show for gender roles, often showing women in positions of authority, on the front lines, decision makers...etc.

Agreed, nice pinup on Quicksliver :D
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

The problem can be summed up in one word MEN.....

WE gave women driver's licences,

WE gave women the vote,

The rest is, as they say, "history" :wink:

(Yes, I'm coming Dear........and yes, THAT photo is completely s e x i s t Dear, I hate it...)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

Interesting discussion here in this thread. Pin-up does not need to be totally unclad or even all that suggestive, however, men and even women as well have always been enamored with the female form. Combine this culture with fighter aircraft and the 'form' they present, you have a winning mixture of great eye candy...

Watch Christian Kieffer's video and explanation of this culture and its history here: http://www.warbirdpinups.com/warbird-tv-show.php

i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

I like the first picture quite a bit more than the one directly above :P

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The first one looks like Sharon Stone.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Skycat wrote:The first one looks like Sharon Stone.
Are you talking about her face?

:mrgreen:

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

My OH! My..what a 'saucy' thread now...further examples of present day female exploitation might be cited as the trend towards pre-school (6 years old) 'models' like the JonBenét Ramsey girl that was murdered some time back in Boulder..what a little 'harlot' --- "s_e_x Princess" look-alike her parents dressed her up like.. Her own biological mom and dad... -->> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JonBen%C3%A9t_Ramsey

Thanksgiving Day - 'Why I'm Thankful'

I'm thankful because the holidays will soon be over in about a month. And the semingly endless US Presidential election is over.
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Skycat wrote:The first one looks like Sharon Stone.

I can't see the reflection that clearly, sorry..... :)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

---EDIT...nah, on second thought, I'll try to keep it clean... :P ---
Last edited by bigjuicyspider on 22 Nov 2012, 02:28, edited 1 time in total.

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

Killratio wrote:
I can't see the reflection that clearly, sorry..... :)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
spilled my coffee ...

mattgn
A2A Mechanic

Post by mattgn »

I'm amazed that no-one has included key-words, such as "Cockpit" or "Joystick" alongside words such as "She'd be welcome to....." etc etc.
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese"
- G.K. Chesterton.

i7 2600K, 8GB Vengeance RAM, Asus P67, GTX 580.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”