What's your favorite?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Rammit
Senior Airman

What's your favorite?

Post by Rammit »

General poll here, what is your favorite aircraft developed by A2A of all time? Can be Accu-Sim or not...

Personal favorite, P-51D (Military), love the sensation of such power under that hood and it climbs like a freight train! :mrgreen:
ImageImage

ImageImage

Though I fly through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, as I am 70,000ft and climbing

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: What's your favorite?

Post by pilottj »

You can tell by my signature which one is my favorite :mrgreen: There isn't any A2A airplane/product that I DON'T enjoy. I enjoy them all...there is however that 'one', that fits like a glove.

The P-40 and the BTS RV-7 with Accu-Feel are the two favorite airplanes in my FS Hangar. The civil P-51 is pretty close too.

You know, its funny, before the WOP3 P-40 was released, I had no idea it would become my favorite. I had always assumed that the P-51 once released, would be my favorite. I had the wop2 P-40 and while I enjoyed it, I didn't fly it all that often. I had the P-47 and enjoyed it too, but it was too big to take to a lot of the little GA airports I liked to go to. The Spitfire came out, and she was wonderful too, but the challenge of her cooling issues made hopping around multiple airports impractical. Then came the P-40. It just grabbed me, somthing about it, it had the ruggedness of the P-47, but the ability to fly into just about every GA airport I could think of. Somthing about it's raw rugged nature that really struck a chord with me. Even after the P-51 in all her greatness which I realy do enjoy, that old grinning P-40 is still my favorite.

Same thing with the RV-7, when I first heard about it, I thought 'thats nice' but hadn't really considered it as somthing I would really enjoy. Then I read about what it could do, and how versatile it was...I grabbed it when it was released, added the Accu-feel, and boy o boy, it is a good one. Even after the Lancair Legacy came out which was newer and had some more bells n whistles, that little RV remained my favorite.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

stiz
BDG

Post by stiz »

yea i'd have to say the p40 as well, its just full of character :)

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

I have a soft spot for the Jug, myself.

Big radial engines make a really nice thrum. The A2A P-47 Thunderbolt was the first aircraft in my virtual hanger that made such a nice rumble that I actually had to turn DOWN the bass on my speaker system to keep from annoying other residents/neighbors. Not to mention that it was my introduction to Accu-Sim!

Like the P-40, the Jug has a certain underdog feel to it, too; it wasn't the fastest, longest ranged, prettiest (not by a long shot!), or all-around-bestest fighter of the war. It's not even part of the traditional Spit/Stang/Focke Wulf debate. It's just a big ugly slugger that, when used within its flight envelope, made for a tricky and surprisingly effective adversary.

Nowadays, I rarely fly the P-47 because its Accu-Sim does not include the virtual hanger of the more modern releases. I understand why this is, but, I still have a faint hope that the P-47 will be 'modernized' to current Accu-Standards. ;)

-Ian

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

My favorite would probably be the Convair B-36 Peacemaker which they have yet to announce... :wink: :|

Matt81
Airman First Class

Post by Matt81 »

They are all my favorites :mrgreen:

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

What's your favorite?

Post by Chunk »

Pretty much in the order they came out. I fell in love with the Cub, and now the Stang occupies my time! They're all great. If I could only keep one...I'd have to pick the Jug probably.

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

Depends on my mood, really. For me as well, it's kind of in the order that they are released. But if I had to choose...I am a bit partial to the P-47. I bought the cub but it's too slow for my taste. I fly that one the least.
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Ty Smith
Airman First Class

Post by Ty Smith »

I love the military P-51. But it's just a little too automatic to be in my top three. But my three favorites have to be:
3: Spitfire MK1/MK2A
2: P-47 Razorback
And my absolute favorite
1: B-17G Flying Fortress!

Just the complexity and the beauty just makes the perfect match for me. When ever I'm having a bad day, I load up that aircraft then literally forget everything that was stressing me out. Long story short, this aircraft makes me happy. And I hope there is another person out there that has the same emotional attachment to there Accu-Sim bird like I do.

Happy Flights!:Ty Smith
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Rammit
Senior Airman

Post by Rammit »

I do intend to purchase the P-40 or the Spitfire and the B-17G after Christmas so my hangar will be expanding.....rapidly!! :mrgreen:
ImageImage

ImageImage

Though I fly through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, as I am 70,000ft and climbing

Aerodil
Senior Airman

Post by Aerodil »

Have to jump on the wagon here; it's the Jug...
My number 2 spot goes to the Stratocruiser. Such an elegant aircraft!
The rest of Accu-Sim range would occupy the 3rd place. There just is no aircraft Accu-Sim made look bad.

C.N.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

My favorite is the B -377. I have close to 2000 hours in it, more than 20 repaints and have flown it around the world more times than I can remember.lpw
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

My favorite would have to be the one that introduced me to accusim in the first place... The J3 Piper Cub.

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

!!! Official Biased Alert !!! :wink:

For me, I rank the B377 as my favorite A2A/Shockwave aircraft of all time.

It not only holds the #1 spot in my favorite Microsoft Flight Simulator aircraft, but it also holds the #1 spot of any aircraft that I have ever flown in any flight simulator, civi or combat. That's accounting for about 60 flight sim titles I've flown since getting into this hobby.

Personal A2A/Shockwave Rankings:
#1 Boeing 377 & 377PG (WoS)
#2 Boeing B-29 (WoP)
#3 Boeing B-17G (WoPII)
#4 Heinkel He-219 (WoP&AF)

FAC
FAC257

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Probably the B377 here.