F-104 Topic

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Joey
Airman First Class

F-104 Topic

Post by Joey »

HELLO, COMRADES!
I just felt like talking about the F-104, since I'm finally starting to get money again, lol.
-Иосиф

Спасибо!

Joey
Airman First Class

Re: F-104 Topic

Post by Joey »

What multiple liveries would be included with the F-104? Which variant are you going to model?
-Иосиф

Спасибо!

Sundowner
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Sundowner »

F-104C-10 is the variant modeled. Everything else I suppose is still in the air, as the GA aircraft were announced to be next. Until those are released, there is nothing of certainty about the Zipper. Sorry, you have to hang in there, the whole team, both devs and beta testers are anxious to get into the jet age with a sonic boom, but there are priorities, and a release schedule.
Chris Oleksy
"I give that landing a 7 on the Richter scale."

Joey
Airman First Class

Post by Joey »

Sundowner wrote:F-104C-10 is the variant modeled. Everything else I suppose is still in the air, as the GA aircraft were announced to be next. Until those are released, there is nothing of certainty about the Zipper. Sorry, you have to hang in there, the whole team, both devs and beta testers are anxious to get into the jet age with a sonic boom, but there are priorities, and a release schedule.
-Иосиф

Спасибо!

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

I can't wait to accidentally crash the F-104 by forgetting to keep the throttle forward on approach so the boundary-layer-control system has enough bleed air pressure to work properly.

...assuming all that is modeled. ;)

Is it odd that I fantasize about aviation disasters thanks to A2A? :shock: :lol:

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Pistonpilot wrote: Is it odd that I fantasize about aviation disasters thanks to A2A? :shock: :lol:

-Ian C

Yes.

:D :lol:

....but join the club :oops:
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Killratio wrote:
Pistonpilot wrote: Is it odd that I fantasize about aviation disasters thanks to A2A? :shock: :lol:

-Ian C

Yes.

Getting the flight model just right on the 104 will be one of the greatest challenges yet faced by the team.
I have a very close friend who flew them and we discuss the aircraft quite a lot. BJ has been quite sick but will be helping us out if needed.
The 104 on approach is a classic and marvelous example of aerodynamics in balance. The entire approach right into touchdown is so delicate a balance between power, sink rate, and configuration that the slightest error upsetting that balance can instantly become unrecoverable in this aircraft. Airspeed and altitude must be held almost perfectly to avoid problems.
The zipper has to be flown in stabilized approach profile. BJ has told me it wasn't all that difficult to fly but had to be flown almost without mistakes. The guys who flew this bird were mostly the best in their respective services. The 104 did not serve fools gladly. BJ to this day insists that flown correctly, the 104 would STILL be a match one v one for any of the new generation fighters right on up to the introduction of thrust vectoring technology.
We'll be playing around quite a lot with our drag polars and lift coefficients with this one for sure.
The thing about the Zipper is that if and when we DO get it right...and we will.......flying this airplane in FSX will open up yet another new experience for our customer base; something we're getting to be quite well known for. Each new Accusimmed airplane we produce is setting a new standard for the FSX experience.
It's going to be an interesting year here at A2A !!
D

Joey
Airman First Class

Post by Joey »

This MAY probably be the most asked question,but do you have an idea when the new update will be?
-Иосиф

Спасибо!

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Joey wrote:This MAY probably be the most asked question,but do you have an idea when the new update will be?
It's in the pipeline and being worked on. That's about all I have at the moment.

DH

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

Looks like the F-104''s going to be put in the dirt a couple times. Sounds difficult to handle.
ImageImageImage

MAGGIEMAE
Senior Airman

Post by MAGGIEMAE »

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Killratio wrote:

-Ian C

Yes.

Getting the flight model just right on the 104 will be one of the greatest challenges yet faced by the team.
I have a very close friend who flew them and we discuss the aircraft quite a lot. BJ has been quite sick but will be helping us out if needed.
The 104 on approach is a classic and marvelous example of aerodynamics in balance. The entire approach right into touchdown is so delicate a balance between power, sink rate, and configuration that the slightest error upsetting that balance can instantly become unrecoverable in this aircraft. Airspeed and altitude must be held almost perfectly to avoid problems.
The zipper has to be flown in stabilized approach profile. BJ has told me it wasn't all that difficult to fly but had to be flown almost without mistakes. The guys who flew this bird were mostly the best in their respective services. The 104 did not serve fools gladly. BJ to this day insists that flown correctly, the 104 would STILL be a match one v one for any of the new generation fighters right on up to the introduction of thrust vectoring technology.
We'll be playing around quite a lot with our drag polars and lift coefficients with this one for sure.
The thing about the Zipper is that if and when we DO get it right...and we will.......flying this airplane in FSX will open up yet another new experience for our customer base; something we're getting to be quite well known for. Each new Accusimmed airplane we produce is setting a new standard for the FSX experience.
It's going to be an interesting year here at A2A !!
D
:shock: When my father passed away (CF-104 test pilot)I decided to take the Cloud 9 Zipper for a flight around Montreal. It was a near perfect flight with a picture perfect takeoff, flight over the old Cartierville airport up to the test flight area North of Montreal, down around the old neighbourhood and return for landing at Dorval. :wink: He must have been flying with me as I had previously never made a complete flight without crashing on departure or landing. :shock: :shock:
ImageImageImageImage
[ImageImage[/url]

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

trucker17 wrote:Some pretty cool videos of F-104s......
That first video got me super pumped for the F-104. And I was already HUGELY interested in the project anyways, as it's been my favorite jet fighter forever, and there hasn't been a truly honest representation of it since the Cloud9 version (which was awesome, but suffered from lack of the company that made it existing after about a year ;) ).

Can't wait to try and play songs with the 'wooo wooo!' of the engine near idle. :lol:

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Flowermilk
Airman

Post by Flowermilk »

Censored
Last edited by Flowermilk on 04 Aug 2013, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

seaniam81
Technical Sergeant

Post by seaniam81 »

One of my flight instructors flew CF-104's. And he pointed me to this video. It's the famous Castle tour in West Germany.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GOFc_UM9fo
Some highlights are you can hear the J79 growl from inside the cockpit, at the beginning of the takeoff, and during the landing. The camera also picks up the gear coming up.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”