RC P-47 RAZORBACK Moki 400

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

RC P-47 RAZORBACK Moki 400

Post by Norforce »

WOW is all I can say

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsHhWAL ... =fvwp&NR=1[/youtube]
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: RC P-47 RAZORBACK Moki 400

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Holy moly thats cool. Sound on that thing is great!
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Sizel
Airman First Class

Post by Sizel »

I'll say WOW too. Great stuff.
Kind Regards
Simon

P-51 Mustang + ACCU-SIM - Spitfire MK1&MK2 + ACCU-SIM - P-40 Tomahawk + ACCU-SIM - Piper J3 CUB + ACCU-SIM - B377 Stratocruiser + COTS - C172 Trainer - ACCU-FEEL V2

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Indeed. Wow!! (°_°')
The sound is awesome. The landing was really great too. This guy has control.

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

HOLY SH*T THAT THINGS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
Lukas
ImageImage

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

Lukas
ImageImage

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

That's the sound of money exploding! For some reason, I'm always more excited/impressed when an RC aircraft lands safely and without incident than I am when a real one does. ;)

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

MTFDarkEagle wrote:RC B25, same engines :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZowexXfK_Ao
Nice but after watching I would not like to lose a engine in the B25 under powered
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Wow the B-25 is one of the best RC's I think I may have ever seen. I dont see it as underpowered so much as all others are super over powered. The B25 because of its power seems to fly and look much more like what a real B-25 does imo. And the sound... :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

Reference the under/overpower issue, I think one must be insane to spend so much money on a flying miniaturized replica and then give it 'scale power' so that it's a challenge to fly; having the extra power on tap is like a safety net (and insurance for your investment!). Even so, were I of the financial fortitude and skill caliber to build/fly such things, I'd still probably opt for scale-power, just 'cause it seems more right! ;)

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

The problem with scale is that one thing doesn't - air molecules. As such, no matter what you do, the "scale" of a plane isn't going to give you 100% scale performance. My "scale" Cub is fully aerobatic, despite having a "scale" powerplant and "scale" control surface throws. Why? Because that wing creates a LOT more lift per weight than the full size one does. Also remember that these "scale" aircraft are built much lighter than the full size thing using wood instead of metal. This doesn't change the aerodynamic advantages of scale, but it does mean that the plane will accelerate faster with the "smaller" engines.

One of the big problems that's hounded scale guys for a while who want it to be fully "scale" is that they can't scale things like rotors properly to get full advantage of helicopter scale. Same with the props. Because of the engines and air molecules, the problems with advancing blades and air disturbance by multiple prop blades is magnified where a 4-blade prop or wide chord 2-blade rotor simply doesn't work because the trailing blade/prop makes very little power because the leading blade/prop creates so much disturbance.

Also, I'm not sure the B-25 is "underpowered" as much as under prop'd. In R/C, your prop selection has more to do with how the plane performs than almost anything else. By choosing a scale 3-blade, thin-chord prop, he is sacrificing some power for the scale look. Remember, his props are fixed-pitch. As such, he can't even set coarse & fine pitch like in the Spitfire Mk. I and looses a lot of low-speed performance because of it. Once he gets it up "on step" the performance improves significantly.

Fedex B17Pilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fedex B17Pilot »

At point 1:30 in the video when smoke comes out, ill bet his maintenance hangar will tell him signs of heat damage and maybe an over sped turbo. :lol: :shock:
ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”