Magic is happening again on the Accu-Sim C172

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Magic is happening again on the Accu-Sim C172

Post by Scott - A2A »

We have full and complete access to Cessna 172R's, and have been flying them often (and mounting all kinds of recording devices, measuring instruments, and performing a host of special flight tests). The locals are used to us coming to the field asking for the keys and their question is "flying or not flying?" And yes, they look at us thinking "I still have no idea what you guys are doing in these planes." They see us rattling panels, rocking the wings, doing braking tests, turning in circles and doing hand signals back and forth, etc. With full and complete access, we have the unlimited luxury of being able to run out and get things we may have missed before, whereas with the more exotic birds of the past, we have one, two, or maybe three visits to capture everything (frankly, I don't miss the stress of those jobs but they will be back soon enough). This has allowed us to probe deeper and get literally every single question answered directly.

However, with all of this access, the beta test team keeps knocking us around. Eight beta versions to them, and eight "Not quite there" responses (beta builds 05/02, 05/08, 05/23, 05/27, 05/31, 06/01, 06/10, 06/13). Yet yesterday, 06/15, we finally broke through and have received a thumbs up from the crew.

Now this doesn't mean beta is done, just that this final major feature has succeeded and now we can concentrate on all the little things (more enjoyable aspects of Accu-Sim dev).

When you see a person on the forums with an A2A tag, know that they have earned that tag and been accepted by the most demanding, professional flight testing crew in the business (I didn't even know until recently that Dudley instructed 250 hours in a Cessna 172). I just want to be clear here, so it doesn't get lost in the marketing moving forward that we (the developers) have been rejected EIGHT times by our beta group. They are brutal, and this is exactly the way it should be. So if we are fortunate to have another successful product release, like every other accu-sim product, it was that way because the beta group refused to accept it as being anything less.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Skyhawk54
Airman

Re: Magic is happening again on the Accu-Sim C172

Post by Skyhawk54 »

Congrats to ALL, this will be epic!
Image[/URL]
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Thanks alot Scott,

I think I can say for everyone that we are really excited for this bird,

I personally check the forums daily for any updates or even a development video of how things are going,

Keep up the good hard work!
ImageImage

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

In other words you are the exact opposite of a certain unnamed developer that manages to release aircraft that might look great, but that get released with prop blades that are stuck on backwards, broken compasses, broken magnetos, reversed RPM sounds and that require users to edit the aircraft.cfg so they can even get the aircraft started, all of which are very glaring errors that shouldn't make it into a release candidate at all. ;)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

That's great to hear Scott. :D Are you looking forward to exploring your Comanche to the same level of detail? I imagine it might be cool to compare 50s-60s GA technology to relatively modern GA tech in the 172R.

I am curious how much of the accusim info gained from the 172 will be able to transfer to the Cherokee? I would imagine the Cherokee's development time will be easier now with at least some of the GA Accusim legwork out of the way.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Cylon
Airman First Class

Post by Cylon »

Jigsaw wrote:In other words you are the exact opposite of a certain unnamed developer that manages to release aircraft that might look great, but that get released with prop blades that are stuck on backwards, broken compasses, broken magnetos, reversed RPM sounds and that require users to edit the aircraft.cfg so they can even get the aircraft started, all of which are very glaring errors that shouldn't make it into a release candidate at all. ;)
Haha that sounds crazy! To what developer are you referring? :)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We appreciate the compliments, but please don't name any developers here in a derogatory way (I expect this wouldn't happen anyway here, but just in case).

We're looking forward to both the Cherokee and Cessna 172 being out there for the comparative discussions alone. We'll likely see the same spirited debates here from the Piper and Cessna teams.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

Great to hear that you have had such open access to the actual aircraft and that this project has undergone such ruthless testing. :wink: IMO, this is going to be the greatest FSX add-on released to date. I can hardly wait!

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

Good luck Team! This will be a milestone add-on :)

Lucas

MAGGIEMAE
Senior Airman

Post by MAGGIEMAE »

:mrgreen: First good luck with this project but because I have over 1000 hours in both 172's and Cherokees I'll wait for the 104 :mrgreen: But I will enjoy the wait flying all the other Accu-Sim aircraft :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
[ImageImage[/url]

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

I'm eager to fly the 172 as it is the only aircraft I've soloed IRL... Based on the unprecedented access to the aircraft for testing, and A2A's reputation, I have no doubt that this will be the most accurate Flight Sim aircraft ever, period. I look forward to reliving those flights I made so long ago!

That said, the Cherokee and Commanche don't interest me, as I really only use FSX as an Accusim warbird simulator... However if the 172 is as good as I think it will be, it may ignite a GA spark in me yet!

To me the most exciting line of Scott's post was this: "(frankly, I don't miss the stress of those jobs but they will be back soon enough)." Aka, A2A is going to continue along the lines that made them great- Warbirds! Whether he is referring to just the Phantom and Starfighter, or if he is alluding to an AT-6 or B-29 or any number of wish-list aircraft that get mentioned around here often is anyone's guess.

It is my genuine hope that after a successful foray into GA, A2A returns to the WWII bombers and fighters which is what got many of us acquainted with A2A/Shockwave in the first place!

Thanks for keeping us updated, Scott.

Joe
Joe

labrat4jafmc
Airman First Class

Post by labrat4jafmc »

I'm eagerly awaiting the release, aside from the customary few bugs in the begining release (you can't make every PC in the world happy at the same time) I have no doubt that all involved will have produced the most amazing simulation ever seen for aviation enthusiast and pilots alike.

While it may mean delays...break those hearts Beta Team!
"If other eyes grow dull, other hands slack, and other hearts cold in the solemn trust, ours shall keep it well as long as the light and warmth of life remain in us."

Image ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Bill140A
Airman First Class

Post by Bill140A »

Sounds like a lot of sweat has gone into this project. It will be the best. Can't wait.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Scott - A2A wrote:We appreciate the compliments, but please don't name any developers here in a derogatory way (I expect this wouldn't happen anyway here, but just in case).
Scott.
Of course we don't name anyone... but I think this is not necessary, as YOU and YOUR TEAM seem to be the only ones in Flightsimulation development history that only see their product just once and even DO a beta...

Scott, I really don't want to elevate you to the gods, but it's a fact that A2A are one of or THE best addons for FS ever.. Of course there are some developers, that did and do a really really good job, like the ones with the DC3 or the 747/737 and so on... but also, there are 1 or 2 major developers (and I actually don't even name any planes) that just seem not to care about keeping customers.

Scott and all A2A -crew: kep up this outstanding quality and engagement (hope,it's the right word in en ^^), your products are really really nice and worth every single cent!

Greets,
Marc
Last edited by MarcE on 20 Jun 2013, 06:13, edited 1 time in total.

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

ONE of the best?

Oh comon please

THE BEST :P
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”