A2A Cessna C172 any news on this?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Re: A2A Cessna C172 any news on this?

Post by Mazo »

I am so looking forward to this aircraft. The wait will be well worth it, I am sure! Will keep checking for updates.
Thanks for such attention to detail on all A2A aircraft.
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

Mazo wrote:I am so looking forward to this aircraft. The wait will be well worth it, I am sure! Will keep checking for updates.
Thanks for such attention to detail on all A2A aircraft.
Me too pal, me too
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Hey guys,
Just curious how much of the 172 programming will be able to transfer to the Cherokee. I would imagine the Lyc O-360 core would be pretty much a straight transfer. Do the Lycoming engine types planned for the Cherokee share commonalities that will make modeling easier? The focus of this 172 project seems to be the flight training aspect, will this also be the focus behind the Cherokee or will that project be more of an aircraft ownership based focus?

Anyway looking forward to both the 172 and Cherokee, especially that little hotrod Cherokee 235 8)

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

Just wondering if the C172 will have a 2d Panel?

Thanks

Andrew
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Scott - A2A wrote: We've been working hard on some very good passengers to load, Heidi being one of them. They are, however, in the external model (not internal).
Hi Scott.

Thanks for this information.
I have a little concern here: you said these passengers are only modelled in the external model, not in the internal model. That means, if I understood correctly, that the passengers will not be visible from the VC.
Is it supposed to stay like this, or is it just a temporary state, and you actually plan to include the passengers in the VC too ?
Having Heidi in the VC of the Cub is very cool, not only for the voice but also for the added immersion level due to her body/head blocking the view of the pilot, just like in real life. It would be awesome to have this feature in the C172 as well, don't you think ?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The 172 will not feature passengers in the VC due to the high poly counts/fps cost when in a VC environment. We have the normal no people in VC view but awesome looking people for the exterior view, and as mentioned some nice options to switch these around.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

What if only Heidi was modeled in the front seat and the two rear passengers only visible from external view then you have a happy median. ;)
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

Lewis - A2A wrote:The 172 will not feature passengers in the VC due to the high poly counts/fps cost when in a VC environment. We have the normal no people in VC view but awesome looking people for the exterior view, and as mentioned some nice options to switch these around.
I'll add few things here. If the passenger is sitting next to you much more detail than just high polycount and detailed texture is needed to have believable character. I'm thinking about basic mimic, lipsync for voices, actions, feelings and more. Something that is a standard in most of AAA games today. FSX was designed over seven years ago, and not with animated characters in mind. It is possible to make characters in close ups look good, but not alive.

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

This is quite dissappointing, I have to say.
I didn't think that a passenger model, like the actual Heidi model in the Cub, would cost so much FPS in such a small plane as the Cessna. She was detailled enough and had zero FPS impact.

Lipsync is clearly an overkill feature in my opinion, but it would have been nice to have at least three passengers modelled in the cockpit. Making them optional would allow those with powerful computers to use them, and the rest of us with "normal" computer to enjoy the empty cockpit.

PS: I have that feeling that we already talked about it in the past... didn't we ? Am I getting old ? :D

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

While passenger Heidi would have been nice, keep in mind that it's much simpler to include her in the Cub - you're looking at the back of her head, which means there's no need for complex facial animations or other forms of reaction. Some simple movement plus the voice work is enough.

Also, "small" doesn't necessarily equal "graphically simple." The Cub itself is pretty demanding on my system.

I like the idea of Heidi in the Skyhawk's right seat, but in general virtual passengers are pretty hard to pull off convincingly. I usually wind up turning them off in other aircraft that provide them, like Ant's Tecnam Sierra, or the MD-902 helo for X-Plane 10. They tend to look like blow-up dolls, and don't match the surrounding graphics all that well. Cub Heidi is, I guess, the successful exception that proves the rule.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Alan_A wrote:They tend to look like blow-up dolls,
Never under estimate the benefits of flying with a blow up doll.. :wink:

"Traffic Perth, EEC 15 miles south at 6,000.. , will be off air for a few minutes"

:D
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Cushion for crash impact? :mrgreen:
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Can be used as a flotation device.

And let's not forget Otto in Airplane...
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

andrew737 wrote:Just wondering if the C172 will have a 2d Panel?

Thanks

Andrew
Anyone?

Please except my sincere apologies if this has been answered elsewhere
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Andrew,

None of the "modern" Accusim aircraft have a 2d panel, The 172 will be no different.

Accusim retains "2d" popups for maintenance etc etc but only uses a VC for the main cockpit.

D
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”