A2A Cessna C172 any news on this?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Neon
Technical Sergeant

Re: A2A Cessna C172 any news on this?

Post by Neon »

Scott - A2A wrote:Guys,

We've been working hard on some very good passengers to load, Heidi being one of them. They are, however, in the external model (not internal). They animate / act differently based on their seating position, look at things, and are aware of the aircraft. You can also put different characters in the pilot's seat. While they do look very nice (are all new and made in house from Michal Puto), we are not quite ready to show them off just yet.

Scott.
Scott you are such a tease lol...
Last edited by Neon on 29 Aug 2013, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

Alan_A wrote:While passenger Heidi would have been nice, keep in mind that it's much simpler to include her in the Cub - you're looking at the back of her head, which means there's no need for complex facial animations or other forms of reaction. Some simple movement plus the voice work is enough.

Also, "small" doesn't necessarily equal "graphically simple." The Cub itself is pretty demanding on my system.

I like the idea of Heidi in the Skyhawk's right seat, but in general virtual passengers are pretty hard to pull off convincingly. I usually wind up turning them off in other aircraft that provide them, like Ant's Tecnam Sierra, or the MD-902 helo for X-Plane 10. They tend to look like blow-up dolls, and don't match the surrounding graphics all that well. Cub Heidi is, I guess, the successful exception that proves the rule.
Didn't you guys consider using the COTS approach for Heidi in the 172? I'd be wrapped in just that. Hey I can imagine her
there, but that girl cracks me up continually, it's the first AI voice I'd miss lol... Wow that's just downright wierd lol.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Now let’s move on to step two, finding density altitude. Here’s the formula:

density altitude = pressure altitude + [120 x (OAT - ISA Temp)]
Hi Neon,

Yes, the density altitude is an important word here versus the pressure altitude measured by the barometric altimeter (well, a dimension of an aneroid is what is actually measured, but anyway... :D ). Can't say anything about the formula - I'm a bit on a road here - but as a rough estimate, that seems reasonable. Strictly speaking, anything having something in the formula that's not an irrational number as a constant is, with a few exceptions, an approximation. :D

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Ahh the dreaded density altitude. I love how the cub won't even lift out of the water on really hot humid days. Brilliant!
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Airway88
Airman

Post by Airway88 »

I would love a Cessna 172RG or a Cessna 210 from Accusim!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

blimey thats a thread from the dead, 2013 lol

Sorry no plans for an RG172

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Lewis - A2A wrote:blimey thats a thread from the dead, 2013 lol

Sorry no plans for an RG172

thanks,
Lewis
Yeah, this is like a trip down memory lane.

Before the Accusim GA-revolution, in fact. Or during, to be more precise.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”