c46?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
aceshigh3008
Airman

Re: c46?

Post by aceshigh3008 »

Yeh, I understand I just feel like we need a c46, I know the a2a team isnt big, so they can only work on one aircraft at a time and it will take a long time, maybe 2 add ons a year, but ad I say, we need a c46, so I posted thinking what have I got to lose?

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

dvm wrote:There is some pretty decent C-46 flying in the cable TV series "Ice Pilots". Just found out there was a season 5 this fall and I guess I missed it.

http://www.icepilots.com/

Not sure about the veracity of this, but I've heard that there will be a final series (6) and no more.

Re this and other similar posts, my thinking is that posting suggestions for future A2A products amounts to free market research for A2A. I seem to recall Lewis saying that Scott and the team do read and take note, but I guess the lack of your desired plane being released so far is down to both long development times, and current projects that need to be finalised first. Or it may just be a leap to far, as Accusim now appears to be in a more linear development phase.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

c46?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Everyone's naturally got a favourite aircraft and we haven't even created the teams individual favourites yet in Accu-sim. What these posts do give us as well as an insight into what some people want is just some great avgeek conversations that are always welcome on the forums here.

I mean who doesn't love discussing aircraft on an aircraft themed forum :)

Cheers,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Everyone's naturally got a favourite aircraft and we haven't even created the teams individual favourites yet in Accu-sim. What these posts do give us as well as an insight into what some people want is just some great avgeek conversations that are always welcome on the forums here.

I mean who doesn't love discussing aircraft on an aircraft themed forum :)

Cheers,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if the team's individual favourites are in line to be created, then I assume this means the Lancaster is a go????? :twisted: :lol:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

pedwards
Airman

Post by pedwards »

Due to climate changes the next series of Ice Pilots will be the Slightly Nippy Pilots.

Regards
Regards

Paul Edwards

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

The Curtiss C-46 Commando would be a very cool aircraft to have, it was instrumental in transporting supplies over 'The Hump' in China, the Berlin Airlift, carrier troops, passengers, and served well as a cargo plane with civilians after the war. I'd love to have one.

pedwards wrote:Due to climate changes the next series of Ice Pilots will be the Slightly Nippy Pilots.

Regards
Temperatures haven't risen for 18 years...

stiz
BDG

Post by stiz »

cos you live in California where the only weather is "hot" anyway :lol:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I've recently been working my way through some of the 'Pelican's Perch' articles by John Deakin on AVweb (after seeing them recommended by Great Ozzie, Victor Q and others) and his account of flying the C-46: 'The Old Commando' is well worth a read.

He describes it as his "all-time favorite airplane" but it certainly sounds like a bit of a handful to taxy. Landings in the Commando also sound rather intimitating, with its eagerness to bounce - and swerve!
John Deakin wrote:"No matter what technique is employed, the new C-46 pilot invariably gets so distracted by the bouncing, he forgets all about the rudder. Bad move, the airplane KNOWS. I don't know how, but it just really does know. So swerves will begin, adding to the woes of the pilot. By this time, his hands will be so sweaty he's slipping on the yoke and throttles, and the sweat is getting in his eyes so he can't see the swerves, I guess".
Certainly a worthy addition to the unending "Accu-Sim this" wishlist! :wink:
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

This is encouraging :D
Lewis - A2A wrote:I must admit the C46 is a personal fav of mine over the more popular other aircraft.
and then followed up by...
Lewis -A2A wrote:Everyone's naturally got a favourite aircraft and we haven't even created the teams individual favourites yet in Accu-sim.
:wink: :roll: :lol: :wink:
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

[quote="Nick M"]I've recently been working my way through some of the 'Pelican's Perch' articles by John Deakin on AVweb (after seeing them recommended by Great Ozzie, Victor Q and others) and his account of flying the C-46: 'The Old Commando' is well worth a read.

This a great article. lots of great info and wisdom that mostly applies to all tail draggers. Love listening to these guys that have obviously been there and done that !

flashg50
Airman First Class

Post by flashg50 »

Id like to see a 46 myself
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”