Going around the world in the A2A Piper Comanche 250!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Going around the world in the A2A Piper Comanche 250!

Post by Piper_EEWL »

A RTW trip sure sounds fun and the Comanche should be the perfect plane for it with the speed and the range it provides. Maybe I have to do one of those my self one day.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I'll be waiting for the next video. :)
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

New video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-UcUNXbKnw[/youtube]

This flight takes me from Benbecula (EGPL) To Vagar (EKVG) Takeoff from Benbecula had some issues with heavy winds reaching storm conditions and heavy rain causing icing, after takeoff I noticed big gust of wind turning my nose to the right and caused icing in the engine, opening up the Carburetor Heat fixed this. The rest of the flight I had no issues, the flight turned into a night flight for me to see how I could navigate myself in pitch dark situations. I purchased the Garmin 750 GPS from Flight1 and seeing I'm not used to it I eventually flew by the airport, but the second time I nailed the landing! I also purchased Orbx's FTX Global Vector!
Last edited by Jeffryintveld on 08 Jan 2016, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice job, looking forward to seeing more. I like that you include all the pre-flight stuff etc too, great job and thanks for sharing with the community. I also see you inspired my friend Mustang here on the forums to start up his RTW flight attempt too 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

Thanks, and it just happens i have no pre-flight checkups in the next video, because that video was recording hell, nothing went right as i will mention when i post it. :roll:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey no worries, doing a video series like you are I'm sure it wont be the last nightmere video of a long series of great vids :)

cheers,
Lewis

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

Latest video:

From Vagar (EKVG) to Hornafjordur (BIHN)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI3IB49BxDc[/youtube]

For some reason P3D did not want to do what i told him to do that day, also the plane was annoying the hell out of me as much as possible! First it refused to start, it was not flooded as well, than started to get strange things happening to the plane like the sound for every switch in the cockpit slowly not working anymore. I reinstalled the latest A2A update and that seemingly fixed the issue. How this happened i don't know, for some reason the only bug that has been remaining is that when i open up the door, it keeps opening and closing on itself!

So because of all the issues no pre-flight checkups on this video as i did those three times and at one moment i got sick of keep on doing it just for the video. :roll:

But the weather conditions are -2 Celsius with snow, low to no wind conditions! I also purchased PrecipitFX for some great looking snow and rain effects as the standard effects are just garbage. Had no issues with the flight however so that was a relieve! Do had some strange snow textures just changing into autumn textures again at startup, don't know why and it did not happen again after that.
Last edited by Jeffryintveld on 08 Jan 2016, 21:44, edited 2 times in total.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Next bit of free time I'll have to check out these videos.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Great update!
Jeffryintveld wrote:...for some reason the only bug that has been remaining is that when i open up the door, it keeps opening and closing on itself!
I don't know about P3D but in FSX it's a know issue that this happens when you're parked in a refueling area. Try to move the plane away from your stand and see if it keeps happening.

Thanks for sharing this and a happy new year!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

Well, first big set back, for some reason the video of Baldoon to Benbecula was accidentally uploaded as Benbecula to Vagar! And i don;t know where the original video went! So i gotta maybe have to redo that flight! I don't know for sure if i will do it, because i of course have flown that flight and the videos are only to show i actually am doing the trip around the world, i remember that when i wanted to start from Baldoon it gave me some strange issues where it transferred me to a island to east of England, so maybe i made a mistake and placed my starting position at Benbecula. I remember having some issues with my recorded files so maybe that caused the original video to vanish.

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

New video:

Hornafjordur (BIHN) To Reykjavik (BIRK)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lghtgJW8YIY[/youtube]

Not really much happened during this flight, below zero temperatures, not much wind and no real big icing problems and there was some nice snow falling down as well once in a while!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice job, cool to see this progressing so well, you've nearly got me leaving to start mine now lol :mrgreen:

akmatov
Airman First Class

Post by akmatov »

This is great, with the release of the Comanche with twice the range of previous A2A GA aircraft plus support for the GTN750 I've been thinking about exactly this idea - but from Cali going west. Will be following your adventures, curious about how you get through the ME and across the Pacific - I assume you will have to fly north out of Japan, land in Russia and hop to Alaska. In RL how accommodating are the Russians about GA flights landing for fuel?

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

I plan to go from Iceland into Canada at the Western Passages, i just like to wing it, just see where i last landed, and than pick a airfield closest to go next! But my main plan is to go through Canada, Alaska, than through Russia, Belarus, Poland, Germany and back in The Netherlands again! I will try to stay mostly south of Russia seeing there are more airports/strips there.

At the moment i have one of my longest flights finished, from Iceland to Greenland. Today i finished editing my flight from Reykjavik to Patreksfjordur, an airstrip more north in Iceland so my coming trip to Greenland is a bit shorter. No issues during this flight, temperatures were below freezing but still managed to start up the engine without a Engine Heating kit!

Skin used this flight, the C-FMEB from Marius: http://flieger-marius.bplaced.net/pages ... hp?id=pa24

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1qErIbSv5w[/youtube]

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice again, you got some fans on fb too when I posted your videos and this thread over on our fb page. Great documenting your jouneys.

thanks,
Lewis

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

New video:

Patreksfjordur (BIPA) To Kulusuk (BGKK)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SaO43jGHNg[/youtube]

This flight takes me from Patreksfjordur, Iceland to Kulusuk, Greenland, one of my longest flights. Temperatures far below freezing so I had to use the Engine Heater Kit for the first time! I had to cut out those extra ten minutes while I was waiting for the engine to heat up! While encircling to land I made the mistake of adding a extra view window while turning and did not watch my bearing and almost missed the airstrip!

Skin used this flight, the C-FMEB from Marius: http://flieger-marius.bplaced.net/pages ... hp?id=pa24

Also got some screenshots that were made and were used for thumbnails for the video's, a waste to show them in a thumbnail alone!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”