Going around the world in the A2A Piper Comanche 250!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Fulcrum-29
Airman Basic

Re: Going around the world in the A2A Piper Comanche 250!

Post by Fulcrum-29 »

Comanche around the world is by far the most memorable time I've ever had in any sim. PERIOD.

I still to this day remember the days when I ran the engine a bit too hot or didn't let it warm up quiet enough in the colds of Siberia. Those moments redefine a sim!

And that was with p3d 2 I think.. I can only imagine how amazing doing it in msfs 2020 in a2a aerostar with vr!

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

You need at least a steady FPS of 60 for VR, and seeing that is hardly possible right now, i dont see VR coming in a long while.

Fulcrum-29
Airman Basic

Post by Fulcrum-29 »

That's not entirely true. I fly right now sometimes in 25—40 fps range in xplane and its totally fine.

This guy did a test with 27 fps in oculus and full graphic settings and it was still pretty smooth :

https://youtu.be/A-t_GWu07OY

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Oof I get so sick trying VR though. :'(

russellwwest
Airman First Class

Post by russellwwest »

Your tour sounds similar to the one I started last week!
How have you been getting on?

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

About to land in the next airport, Big Trout Lake Airport (YTL)!

I made a interactive map with Google Maps to show every airport i visited, i can add a video to the airports description as well!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Jeffryintveld on 06 Feb 2024, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

Here's another video!

" It was pretty cold so I had some icing that made flying the approach really difficult, switching to the co-pilot seat made me see much more. The landing was rough as the sidewind blew me all over the place except straight down towards the runway."

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

A new video, game crashed halfway on me so no end screen statistics.

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Dang for the crash; I didn't have that happen yet. Did you try the default Bonanza G36 with community mod? If you did, how does that Moony compare?

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

I tried the C36 community mod (i actually used it on the first video), but it still did not like it that much, it has a turn rate while taxing like it acts its a airliner for some reason and it still has issues climbing. It just does not feel right flying it even though i do get that more with the Mooney (or heck, even with the standard Cessna Caravan i used for my latest flight i did last night).

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

New video! Did a short flight, but very low visibility, lots of wind, (for some reason it pushed me to the left almost off the runway at takeoff even though the wind vane/cone of the runway was waving to the right) a tiny bit of rain and low hanging clouds made this a interesting flight! Near the airport, it cleared up a bit and I had my best landing so far!

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

Two new videos!

This will be my 22nd flight in my around the world tour! For this flight I picked the Cessna Grand Caravan! Just to see how this plane handles on long distances! But first a short flight, but it had very low visibility, lots of wind (for some reason it pushed me to the left almost off the runway at takeoff even though the wind vane/cone of the runway was floating to the right), a tiny bit of rain and low hanging clouds made this a interesting flight! Near the airport, it cleared up a bit and I had my best landing so far!

This will be my 23rd flight in my around the world tour! This flight was full of problems, first the Live Weather option did not wanna work with me so i simulated it as much as possible to how the weather was in Canada at that moment. The Automatic Pilot also tried to kill me for some reason, i managed to fix it but i got no clue how. And during the approach on the airport, i suddenly got stutters, while i normally don’t. I managed to smooth them out a bit while editing. The landing was rough as a sidewind from the left kept pushing me off course and this ended in a bumpy landing.

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

This will be my 24th flight in my around the world tour! Rain and some medium winds made it a interesting flight, the approach to the airport was pretty hard, the low visibility gave me issues spotting the airport, that turned out to a grass strip that I spotted just in time to still be able to land on it or i had to turn around and do another try. The grass strip is also sloped so i decided to land half way. The latest update for the game has giving me some micro freezes of a second, but i tried to smooth them out again.

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

Here are some more video's:

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

New video! This is my 28th flight in my around the world tour! I finally got my hands on the Comanche! Cold and icy weather at the start, the game crashed for some reason right before the taxing to the runway, so I had to mimic at best the conditions at that moment. Landing had some side wind but as I have not played in over a year and had no damage on the landing, I did very well!

20240206103527_1.jpg
20240206103527_1.jpg (300.82 KiB) Viewed 279 times
20240206103610_1.jpg
20240206103610_1.jpg (259.43 KiB) Viewed 279 times
20240206103620_1.jpg
20240206103620_1.jpg (201.96 KiB) Viewed 279 times
Interactive Map of my world tour: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... sp=sharing

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”