What aircraft would you like to see following the Texan?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
vgbaron
Airman First Class

Re: What aircraft would you like to see following the Texan?

Post by vgbaron »

I'll have to say the Beech D18.

Vic

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Now that we have the T-6 along with most of the important fighters of the war and the B-17 it is time for a twin from that era. If A2A only does one more warbird a twin would be the logical choice. We have already established they won't do a B-25 because of MAAM so what is left. There are no flying Marauders or A-23s that I know of. That leaves the the Mosquito (any airworthy), the A-26, the Ventura, the P-38 that I can think of. The Beech 18 would be a viable alternative. Any of the airplanes mentioned would be OK with me. Finding a airworthy examples in any number comes down to the Beech, the A-26, P-38 and the B-24 Ventura. The A-26 would be my first choice. But what do I know ? :D

LeighP
Airman

Post by LeighP »

I would really like to see the Douglas Invader A-26 produced as a sim.
Fastest WWII medium bomber, longest serving USAF piston bomber....served in three wars - served almost 30 years in total.....
A truly impressive aircraft.

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

^Regarding Mosquitos, there are currently two flyable (one in Virginia, and the other in Vancouver). By the end of this year, there should be another flying example, currently nearing completion in New Zealand (owned by the Flying Heritage Collection in Everett, WA, where it will eventually be based). There are at least five more under restoration restoration to fly at this time, including a few more being done in New Zealand (one of these for an owner in Texas and another one for an owner in Britain).
John Terrell

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

I seem to be in the minority here, but I would like a turboprop. Even something simple like a Cessna 208 and I'd be as happy as the proverbial clam.
Having said that, now that we have the Texan, I think the T-33 would make sense on the "warbird" side of things. If you wanted to fly its single-seat sibling in the 1940s, didn't you have to have so many hours on the Texan and so many on the P-51 or something like that?

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Mooney 201 would be my favorite!
Kind regards, Matthias

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

Said it before in a much earlier thread, but I'd be also looking forward to a twin prop (e.g. piper seminole). I got the Avro twin prop plane from the Aircraft Factory sort-of-recently to get at least some twin action, but of course that is without the accu-sim experience which has become so much the must-have.

In fact, I came to write my wishes to this thread even BEFORE checking out the just released T-6 video and threads, because I'm much more excited about the next plane. I don't yet know if I'm interested enough in the T-6 to get that one. We'll have to see ;)

Edit: Aside from an accu-sim twin prop (like e.g. the seminole) I'd be interested in another airliner (love the B377 with captain of the ship - experience), or a plane which can hold 6 or more passengers in general - or cargo. These are just some of the things on my mind.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
These are my choice , of aircraft i would love A2A to model.
1./ PA-30 Twin comanche
2./ DC DAKOTA
3./ OR A GOOD HELICOPTER
4./ PBY catalina 5/5a/6a models (most mass produced amphibian ever) i have the aerosoft one ,which sadly has disapeared from their site. Like to see an A2A one.
Regards alan. 8)

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by spadjockey »

C-46
Last edited by spadjockey on 30 Mar 2016, 06:18, edited 2 times in total.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

How about something we've been waiting years on?

F-104 Strarfighter and F-4 Phantom

Or even the Lockheed T-33?

Bosko
Airman First Class

Post by Bosko »

I'd like a accu-sim jet, either an F-86 or MiG-15. Or a Very Light business jet if non-military.

Definitely fine with an Aerostar being next also.
A2A T-6, Comanche, C182, C172, P51 Civilian, B377, Cub.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

A flying broomstick.... :mrgreen:

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

I don't often jump in these lists but here's 5 that come to mind just while reading this thread.

Cavalier Mustang - One step cooler than a regular P-51. It's the only aircraft that flys over my shop, that makes me go outside and look every time I hear it coming.
Piper P-48 Enforcer - The "last incarnation" of the P-51 lineage and just flat-out bad*ss looking tail dragging warbird.
C-124 Globemaster II - One of the most common aircraft on the ramp while living on Patrick AFB. Plus it's got more than 2 engines.
C-133 Skymaster - One of the most common aircraft on the ramp while living on Patrick AFB. Plus it's got more than 2 engines.
Cessna 620 - Cessna has always been my favorite GA aircraft......plus this ones got more than two engines. :D

Now, how do we go about crowd funding enough money to buy Scott a C-124, so he can create one? :D :wink:
FAC257

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

pilottj wrote:A flying broomstick.... :mrgreen:

Heehee, that would be a nice surprise release as a joke for coming Friday (April Fools).

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Abso-bloomin-lutely Bosko! It's the Smith Aerostar for me too.

With that extra bit of speed I can get to destinations within Western Europe, incl Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the length of England with a limited time window (hour or so, daily, if i can sneak away, plus a couple of beers). The Comanche 250 already has been a key step towards that. Not so jet-fast, so I can fly 3,000 to 6,000 feet and enjoy quality scenery e.g. VFR. What do the 2 planes have in common? They are great lookers!! Planes with beautiful lines. Why A2A for a machine with the Aerostar's clout? Why not a competitor simulation model site? We all know the difference. With A2A you immerse yourself. You feel you are making the aeroplane fly! Elsewhere you just sit there and the plane boringly just sits there too; scenery flows towards you till its the destination airport.

Thousand thanks for the Comanche, Rod

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”