What aircraft would you like to see following the Texan?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
dean95c
Airman Basic

Post by dean95c »

I'm sure this has been brought up many times before but what would you like to see the next plane be?
Personally I'd like to see one of the Beechcraft Bonanza 35 series "V-Tail's" developed. The only model we have is one from Carenado and it's ( In my opinion) pretty bad.
My Dad and I have a C35 Bonanza and it's a dream! I'd love to see an A2A Bonanza just to fly it on the simulator with such accuracy.

Tip Tanks
Different Tires
Gap Seals
Vortex Generators

I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: What aircraft would you like to see following the Texan?

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

If you were in a position to loan it to them for testing purposes, it might increase your chances. :mrgreen:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Avro Lancaster! :mrgreen:

,..always Avro Lancaster
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

I think after the T-6, the focus will be on the piston twin, especially with Scott now getting familiar with his Aerostar. I have a feeling A2A will lead us to an accusimmed Aerostar like we were led to the Comanche, via training training aircraft. I imagine the Piper Seminole would be the the next priority after the T-6.

I still dream of an accusimmed Beech 18 as an eventual twin radial followup project for the T-6. Hopefully someday.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Ferradini
Airman

Post by Ferradini »

I'm more into GA aircraft than military, so knowing A2A quality, I will buy any GA aircraft, but would love to see a twin engine whether piston or turbo prop not too vintage, maybe from the 70s or 80s (yeah I know, for some of you that is vintage, but not for me).

Base on the A2A YouTube channel I think you guys own an Aerostar 600, if that is the case, there is no need to borrow an Aircraft or money for testing. I know the Comanche was special for Scott since it is his airplane, so the Aerostar would be in the same ballpark. So, my vote is for the Aerostar.

Raul
Raul

Image Image Image

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

A twin. For a next big non-aircraft, I'd like to see an interface giving me some extra control of Accusim: a study mode, allowing me to customize failures, adjust wear states or set them random, and so on. This is to create scenarios where issues are likely - without knowing what they will specifically be, and also to create classic exercise situations.

-Esa

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I think it's gonna be a twin piston too. Though I wouldn't mind a turbo charged single engine piston like a Mooney 252 TSE or a Turbo Bonanza. That would give us some extra workload handling the engine. Also (maybe especially interesting for flight schools) a Diesel powered SEP would be interesting. Maybe a Diamond DA-40 or a modified Cessna 172?

Ahh so many airplanes out there!! Anyways I hope the T-6 is coming along well. It's been almost 8 months since the Comanche has been released :shock:

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

BrianW
Airman

Post by BrianW »

The Semihole or similar light twin would be nice, especially if Accusim could reproduce the effects of VMC correctly. I’d also like to see something like the Beech 18, or even better a Lockheed 12A. It might be tough to find one to do research on though. Of course my ultimate A2A aircraft would be a DC3, which I’ve seen requested quite a bit.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

In that respect, if I remember correctly, the Seminole was a rather boring candidate as its VMC is lower than its stall speed. :)

-Esa

BrianW
Airman

Post by BrianW »

LOL, I just took a look at the POH and you’re right. I did my multi in a Seneca which does have a VMC above stall. So I wonder how folks training in a Seminole do a proper VMC demo?

norfolkmike
Senior Airman

Post by norfolkmike »

After the Texan, and what I'd LIKE to see, based upon how much I'd actually use it on a day to day basis?....A Tiger Moth, or Stearman. Slow circuits around an OrbX airfield with the sun lowering on the horizon and nowhere to get to in any great hurry....marvellous! :P

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Avro Lancaster! :mrgreen:

,..always Avro Lancaster
:lol: [THUMBS UP SIGN]
pilottj wrote:I think after the T-6, the focus will be on the piston twin, especially with Scott now getting familiar with his Aerostar. I have a feeling A2A will lead us to an accusimmed Aerostar like we were led to the Comanche, via training training aircraft. I imagine the Piper Seminole would be the the next priority after the T-6.

I still dream of an accusimmed Beech 18 as an eventual twin radial followup project for the T-6. Hopefully someday.

Cheers
TJ
Agreed. Looking forward to following the Aerostar like bread crumbs to grandma's house.

+1 for Beech 18

Since I'm dreaming, I'll add, a Felixstowe F5. It's a twin and would be a rad Aircraft Factory seaplane! I'll blame Lewis for bringing it up the other day. I haven't been able to forget about it. 8) [Edit; it was actually a year ago. I just saw it the other day.]

In the mean time, I'll watch my breath and hold my phone. :mrgreen:
Last edited by crazac on 13 Feb 2016, 02:44, edited 1 time in total.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Thanks for inviting our reply:

1. Smith ............ 2. Aerostar .......... 3. 600 .........

It's fantastic!!

Rod

(PS a Baron 58 might suffice in the meantime)

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Oh I forgot, let's not forget about the Jetty Jet Jet! [PERSON RAISING BOTH HANDS IN CELEBRATION]

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

I won't be tired of saying, everytime I see posts like these, that the Baron is what comes to my mind. FS world is in so much need of a good piston twin (A2A Quality) and something like a Baron with modern avionics (G600 or G1000 or even Aspen) will definitely catch people's heart. It's such a great airplane to fly, with so much advantages over others! It's the plane I miss flying the most of all the models I flew before Boeings and you just can't find an unsatisfied Baron pilot. It's a powerful and reliable workhorse!

You don't see so much Seminoles around the world, especially private owned ones, and the performance numbers and operation would not be such a great improvement from the Comanche. Of course it's a twin, but it's basically a trainer and with a VMCA so slow that it makes a not so good aircraft to demonstrate the real twins characteristics.

Can't say anything about the Aerostar, never flown one, but it should be a interesting plane compared to the seminole. I would immediately buy this one while waiting for something like ... A BARON :P

Dreaming is no sinning right?

Best regards!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”