Saitek Multi Switch Panel Driver Question

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
joepoway
Airman First Class

Saitek Multi Switch Panel Driver Question

Post by joepoway »

I have a question regarding the addition of a Saitek Multi Panel.

Currently I am running P3Dv3.2 on my Windows 10 Pro system with 2 Saitek devices the X52 Pro Joystick (combined with it's throttle controller) and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. Both devices run flawlessly and I use the Madcatz SST program to assign all the buttons and switches on my Saitek devices. Additionally the drivers for the Saitek devices are the Saitek drivers. Again to be clear everything works great!

I recently was given a Saitek Multi Panel and want to incorporate it into my system. I have read a lot about people not using the Saitek drivers for this but instead using the latest Spad.next drivers. First is this the preferred path?

Also I keep seeing that all Saitek drivers need to be uninstalled prior to installing and using the Spad.next drivers. I am a bit confused if this means the drivers and software I have been using for my Saitek joystick and rudder pedals mentioned above also needs to be removed if I go the Spad.next route.

I would think the drivers and software I have been using for my Saitek joystick and pedals are separate from the new drivers required for the Saitek Multi Switch, is this true? Also if I add the Saitek Auto Pilot panel or Radios in the future are they also separate from the Joystick and pedal drivers.

I hope I can just leave the Saitek joystick and pedal drivers and SST programming software alone and just add the panels with either the appropriate Saitek drivers or perhaps better yet the latest Spad.next paid version to work with my A2A C172.

Please Advise
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”