SAITEK PRO FLIGHT YOKE AFTER WINDOWS 10

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Cherokee180owner
Airman

SAITEK PRO FLIGHT YOKE AFTER WINDOWS 10

Post by Cherokee180owner »

After upgrading to Windows 10 I experienced a major problem with my Saitek Proflight Yoke. The yoke was not recognised by my system, the light on the yoke would not come on, and of course none of the controls worked. After rebooting, the ligh would come up, but the time would not reset. and the controls would not work. I sent an email to Madcats/Saitek, and they responded; For me the second (long) procedure worked perfectly.

After the major Windows 10 update (build 1511) there have been a few reported issues with Microsoft.

Try this short version first:
- Connect Yoke
- Open device manager -> look for an USB input device with an !
- Right click: update driver
- Choose "search on my PC" and then "let me pick" (2nd option) -> you get a list of 2 compatible devices
- Now select the 1st option "USB input device" or something similar NB: NOT the 2nd one with USB Yoke in the name!!!
- Device should work now...

If this does not work: this is the long version which was the first way I found to get it working again:
- Plugin the Yoke
- Go to device manager and delete the Yoke and USB devices with an ! sign (warning/not installed correctly)
- Restart your PC
- Unplug your Yoke
- Run the installer (with the latest beta drivers for W10)
- When the screen pops up with the instruction to plugin your Yoke -> plug it in...
- Just let the installer run (with the NEXT button greyed out) and go to device manager
- Right click on the Yoke device and select update driver
- Choose "search on my PC" and then "let me pick" (2nd option) -> you get a list of 2 compatible devices
- Now select the 1st option "USB device" or something similar NB: NOT the 2nd one with USB Yoke in the name!!!
- Directly after this W10 detects your Yoke and you can select NEXT in the installer
- Install will continue and finish correctly

The right selection of the USB device (AND NOT Yoke..) is important. If you select the Yoke line you get a critical error and it stops..

Also I would recommend disabling FAST START. It seems that Windows starts too fast for USB devices to report themselves and to be enabled. You can find this option here: Energy management -> behavior of on/off buttons -> Fast start is grayed out, but if you select "choose options which are not available right now" you can disable it.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”