The world's most feared fighter - the F-22

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Re: The world's most feared fighter - the F-22

Post by Dooga »

... and if you want to experience all of this "first hand", try Rise of Flight. Extremely well done flight physics, landing a Camel or Dr. I straight and without bending anything is a real challenge!
Last edited by Dooga on 18 Apr 2016, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Incidentally, the Sopwith company was revived in 2014.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Dooga wrote:... and if you want to experience all of this "first hand", try Rise of Flight. Extremely well done flight physics, landing a Camel or Dr. III straight and without bending anything is a real challenge!

I flew it for a while a few years back. It wasn't bad at all. Most of the Scouts suffered from the "run on rails" feeling, particularly the DVII but the Camel and DR1 were good enough and the Pup was a joy. I just wish they had put in the requirement to lean out the Camel's fuel at a couple of hundred feet, that was a real killer. The DRI escaped most of the horrendous effects of the rotary by the extra stability of the three wings and consequent rigging, possible in part because of the full flying tail. Any low speed, high power situation in the Camel was potentially deadly, including the sharp right hand turns Peter mentioned, which in real life (and the sim to a certain extent IIRC) required full LEFT rudder just to hold up the nose!

The Combats in the Air Reports of all types of Scout pilots make fascinating reading with graphic details of attacks, some from as little as 5-10 yards from an EA!!

I've always loved the Camel because it was, really, the Spitfire of the First Great Unpleasantness, the SE5 and SE5a being the Hurricane equivalent.

Ah..but I'm straying into another lifetime...unless Scott decides to do an Accusim Camel ;)

:) :) :)

regards

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”